MS Word file not editable

CHiLLaXen

hypnotika
I was asked to convert a doc template and put new tags in. The file given to me was not editable (cannot select, type, etc) except for set fields that have grey boxes. I was able to open it up in WordPad, save it and convert it back to a doc format to remove that security feature. But my question is: how can you make a doc like that so its uneditable?

*edit* how would you remove that from a file?

Last edited:
Rep +, I was going to suggest checking that but you found it all on your lonesome...

It looks like a couple people working on these documents with me don't have the option to "unprotect" them. Anyone have an idea why? They want to figure it out. They are using Windows XP (SP2) with Word 2002 (? thought it was 2003, but says 2002 in about box)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back