MS Winupdate

luish

OSNN Senior Addict
I read somewhere that MS were going to upgrade the Windows Update Engine to V5 ? ?

Did you hear anything about that ?

Not sure about the version number specifically, but are you referring to changes made that affects users with illegal copies of XP? I did hear that MS was going to make some changes to Windows Update that would help prevent piracy of the OS, or at least keep illegal copies from downloading the update. I know that you can't download post-SP1 updates without first installing the Service Pack, but I don't know much more than that.

Tried installing SP1 on an invalid copy of XP Pro last night actually, you can't even if you have the full 128MB file. But you can get all updates except SP1, juts set the Registration Done registry key either manually by entering a 1 in:

HKEYLocal_Machine \ Software \ Microsoft \ WindowsNT \ CurrentVersion \ RegDone

or use Xteq's X-Setup
I attached a couple screens if you have it and wondered where the path was. If you know any way to install SP1 over it hook a brutha up. If you've ever wondered if Microsoft ever REALLY checks product keys, a couple of my buddies have been sent letters telling them to stop using the invalid products, or else face possible fines. (I work for a government agency, so we get hooked up through volume licensing).
Go to the Windows Update site and click on the About Windows Update link. Read further down about their Privacy Statement. First 2 info needed I can understand, but the other 3???

Originally posted by ntguru50
Tried installing SP1 on an invalid copy of XP Pro last night actually, you can't even if you have the full 128MB file. But you can get all updates except SP1, juts set the Registration Done registry key either manually by entering a 1 in:

HKEYLocal_Machine \ Software \ Microsoft \ WindowsNT \ CurrentVersion \ RegDone

or use Xteq's X-Setup
I attached a couple screens if you have it and wondered where the path was. If you know any way to install SP1 over it hook a brutha up. If you've ever wondered if Microsoft ever REALLY checks product keys, a couple of my buddies have been sent letters telling them to stop using the invalid products, or else face possible fines. (I work for a government agency, so we get hooked up through volume licensing).
Go to the Windows Update site and click on the About Windows Update link. Read further down about their Privacy Statement. First 2 info needed I can understand, but the other 3???

I haven't heard of any workarounds such as this before, but it sounds like you're walking on a narrow line between what you can and cannot post here. Be careful! :eek:

good looking out...my bad, I'm just a rook with jabbering fingers, what can I say? I'll keep that in mind next time :eek:

I don't have super powers i in this forum, so if you can edit your post, and remove instructions on the xrack, I'd appreciate it.

muzukool, thanx for lookin out,

I need you to edit you quote, so the original crack dissapears from this thread

thanx guys

There ya go dealer... make sure you warn all those who violated the guidelines.. I am off to work.

Has this been taken care of, the members emailed of PMd? Let me know so I can delete this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back