MS Security Update Cd

Ded Morozh

I don't DISlike you...
Being that I am a procrastinator extrodinaire, I meant to post this in February...

I ordered the MS Security Update CD so that when I reformatt I can get the needed patches without connecting to the intarweb. I need to do that because someone on my little stretch of the 'net gives me at least 1 worm before I can run everything from Windoze Update.

Anywho...recieved, 1 MS Security Update CD and 1 eTrust EZ Armor LE AV and Firewall cd. Haven't tried it out yet, because I'm not quite ready to wipeout and reload everything just yet. But, evidently, the included firewall is a rebadged version of Zonealarm Pro, which is hip...having trouble finding a decent review of the AV, though... what I can find in Google Groups is mostly good. if you want to order the cd, clicky the linky.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp

Yep, I got two of them a couple of weeks ago. Left one at home, brought the other back with me to uni.
wink.gif

I think the security you get from the CD still leaves quite a lot to apply - this confused me - maybe someone else can clarify. I would guess the particular virus issue you have is likely to be MSBLAST or maybe Nachi - there's one fix from M$ to patch up this hole and that's the main one to get before you go online after a reformat....

the MS cd has patches up to October 2003 on it, so you're covered for Blaster on it.

Got mine a few weeks ago. It took a while to get to me. Mine says February 2004, so I'm guessing it has updates up to February. I haven't even put the CD in the drive yet, I just ordered to see if they would actually deliver.

It says it is no longer available.

I tried to get it earlier. They wanted $10 for shipping & handling.

strange...it wasnt when i got it. If u have sp2 then u dont have to worry about it tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back