MS Plus for XP (hyperbowl prob)

D

Dewey081

I have MS Plus for XP and am unable to get the Hyperbowl game to work. It starts up then promptly sends me back to the desktop..without actually running.

I've the latest Nvidia drivers for my card and I have the CL Audigy soundcard.

any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Dewey

the game sucks really, theres only 1 level then u have to buy it if u want it

It begs the question.... Why MS is charging $40 Cdn for something that's basically equivalent to a sampler CD?

...because there are suckers like me around willing to buy anything with a MS logo on it? Yes!

Fall for it once ...shame on MS ...Fall for it twice ...shame on me.

I noticed that you also have to pay to get extra fish for the aquarium screensaver...unbelievable, when you think about it. I figured that these virtual fish cost more than the real thing.

:confused:

dewey

It begs the question.... Why MS is charging $40 Cdn for something that's basically equivalent to a sampler CD?

...because there are suckers like me around willing to buy anything with a MS logo on it? Yes!

Fall for it once ...shame on MS ...Fall for it twice ...shame on me.

I noticed that you also have to pay to get extra fish for the aquarium screensaver...unbelievable, when you think about it. I figured that these virtual fish cost more than the real thing.

:confused:

dewey

I totally agree. The plus! pack is a rip off this time around.

Your issue with Hyperbowl crashing is related to you nVidia drivers. Plus hyperbowl and the fish screen saver seem to be the best program to run to duplicate the crash that happens with nVidia cards/drivers and XP. The is still no real solutin available just some changes that can be made to lessen the problem.

What worked best for me was to turn off sideband addressing and fastwrites also set AGP appature to 64 or less.

I also heard that using any theme other than the default XP theme style seemes to help.

Good Luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back