MS desktop Bluetooth problem

A

Arde

Hey
My old and trusty keytronics finally got tired. So i purchased myself Micro$oft optical desktop 4 Bluetooth.
Looks and feels nice but i'm havin serious problems everytime i start my puter.
My XP pro looses keyboard and mouse so i can't login without another wired keyboard.
And after loggin in establishing new connection with desktop components is very difficult.
Well that's not quite what i had in mind when i got this set.
Is there any way to get my system remember it's connection with keyboard and mouse ?
What am i doing wrong here ?
Should i just take it back to store and get me more cheaper wired one ?
Is there beer in refridgerator ?
?

Arde

Sorry I drank the last six pack this morning.

Wireless equipment can be affected by anything. PC location, equipment arrangement, interference from other equipment, stack of empty beer cans scattered across the desk (don't laugh it happened to a friend of mine).

Try different physiccal arrangements. Also make sure the wireless stuff is turned on before the computer is or it may not be powered in time for the computer to see it. Kybd and mouse are checked very early in bios and if not seen locked out.

Hard to say why your having trouble with that have you checked for updated drivers?

As to keyboard its 7th in bios startup order, its Power, bios, cpu checks bus's, clock, video, ram, keyboard, disc's, the balance of the cmos, plug and play go.

Wooooohaa!
Problem solved. TX for the replies.
All i had to do was to unplug and uninstall my old hardware.
Gos how stupid can one be sometimes eh ? ...
Gotta save my old keyboard tho so i can get to my bios.

Arde

Oh well
gotta take that back :(
Was just that one occasion out of 20 that this thingie happened
to work.
Just so tired now. This piece of ¤%"¤% is goin back to store now.

Arde

Really? I can access my bios with my wireless seeing as it is always after video and ram and that is the same on all computers

I use a Logitech Elite Keyboard with the MX700 mouse,well glad to hear it works could it be because your plugged into the usb ports?

I am plugged through the p/s2 connections :)

The Bluetooth keyboard is only activated once in Windows, as the BIOS cannot detect Bluetooth devices. The Logitech MX keyboard is like a standard USB/PS2 keyboard which the BIOS can recognise. Arde, You got Service Pack 1 for WIndows XP right?

Looking back I see he is talking bluetooth and that means he has a header on the motherboard, so something came to mind I figure it has a setting in the bios like any other device on the motherboard, maybe this is a bios related problem have you checked for updated bios? And have you looked through the bios to see if there is a setting for that ? I have a hard time believeing that all bluetooth keyboards are useless in the bootup stages of the computer.

Well unless the BIOS specifically supports the "Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop for Bluetooth", then I see no way that it will work during the bootup stages. As it doesnt work in Windows 2000/98/ME/Xp without sp1, i dont see how it would be supported by the bios.

This all depends on his board if his board has bluetooth support then he should be able to access from bios, if he is using bluetooth as an add on then he wont have any settings in his bios I have a board that has bluetooth support thats why I have headers on the mobo :)

Ok

Back from the store.
Quick switch MS BT Desktop -> Logitech MX
Got me smiling again.
Besides theres way better BT stacks awailable than what this MS set offered. Seemed to be way over priced and -hyped.
But that's just my humble opinion.
TX for replies.

Arde

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back