MS Antispyware public beta download

Upcoming virus/worm removal tool:
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2005/jan05/01-06NewSolutionsPR.asp

Quick summary:
- Free virus/worm removal tool coming on January 11th.
- Will be automatically updated to detect and remove new threats on the second Tuesday of every month.
- Not meant to be a replacement for antivirus solutions, but rather a complementary tool
- Incorporates the knowledge and technology gained through Microsoft's acquisition of GeCAD Software in 2003.

Reporting false-positives:

Jonathan Hardwick [MSFT]:
One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is what to do when the Microsoft anti-spyware tool incorrectly reports something as being adware or spyware.

If you’re just trying to get on with your work, and you’re certain that the file really is innocent, you can tell the tool to always ignore it. If you also want to help out the Microsoft anti-spyware team, try checking microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures – other people might have already seen the problem, or yours could be the first report!

Like I tried this thing last night just before I went to bed, and it kinda like destroyed my internet. It found a file labelling it as 'severe' and when I got rid of it, IE didn't load any webpages, nor did FireFox. :(

erm... I did.. but when I went in to find it, it showed nothing.

I'm having a HELL of a time keeping this thing out of the start up folder...that sux.

I can set up my sandbox to keep it out, but once I take it out, it shouldn't try to get back in

that pisses me off

perris said:
uh oh...betterr report that one...how's you resolve it?

I haven't resolved it yet. I'm too busy revising. Shouldn't even be on here. lol.
I guess I'll just have to find and copy the file from my newly restored laptop. Hope it has the file I need. :)

Chris Pirillo (teh lockerknome!) let me know about this one ... hehe

antispyware.PNG

Everything from MS will always remain 'beta'.

Its been updated. Or at least mine has, says that hook is all hunky doory

MS isn't going to force this on us at one point are they?

I think they'd like to bundle it with windows but they're afraid they'll get a law suit.

ming said:
I haven't resolved it yet. I'm too busy revising. Shouldn't even be on here. lol.
I guess I'll just have to find and copy the file from my newly restored laptop. Hope it has the file I need. :)
Try IEFIX as it will make sure all the dll's and registry entries are like they should be.

In case anyone hasn't noticed this Beta release does not scan cookies, that capability will be added in a future release.

I knew the beta didn't scan cookies. I am sure there will be more things added to it in future releases.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back