MS Antispyware public beta download

Quick, but five minutes late.
http://www.osnn.net/comments.php?shownews=11651 :)

As always, we can use this thread for discussion though. I'm off to bed in a few minutes (the new quarter begins tomorrow). Will check back tomorrow to read opinions.

Edit: Err...the download page has been removed. Guess we weren't supposed to see it yet. ;)

hmm i remain sceptical about this release as I expect it will be mainly tailored for IE also my other fear is that this will encourage much more advanced types spyware :-/

I am gonna add that to the frontpage post mate;

I have have just downladed it...first impression:- looks good, if you do the defenition update there is one straight away.

Has privacy tools...IE history eraser, cookies, url history, temp files etc.

You can view all current runnin process's and stope them if necessary
Look at and block startup programs

Schedule...set it to run every day etc

Real time protection.....Internet agents (9), system agents(25) and Application agents (25)

I just downloaded this. I am anxious to try it out, from the sounds they added some things to it ..

[edit]Ok. I downloaded it. I like it so far. It has some more things added to it and such. You will notice of you look in taskmanager it still says giant antispyware lol ... [/edit]

I'm usiing it and like it ALOT, though on my box, nothing found, on the office machines, plenty that adaware and spybot missed.

important for users to realize this is much better then a beta, since giant had this allready released

Yeah it seems pretty cool, although it detected the winVNC software at work as spyware for some reason. Not much of a problem however, as there's an option to "always ignore" stuff. It gets my vote :up:.

Is this better than what Giant had as their last full product?

ya, giant was too aggresive for my liking, and you pretty much have to evaluate everything this program finds

I think the quaranteen feature is called for on plenty of these

also, this beta is gonna expire on July 31st...this is more a marketing scheme then a beta...still, give it a go

really...look at all the free play ms has gotten from this...an EXCELLANT marketing campaign...I suspect this product has allready paid dividends on the investment.

nicely done ms

MS's spyware found 2 threats on my system after a full system scan
Downloaded and run ad-aware: 72 tracking cookies + the two objects ms listed...

Didn't clean it out yet, so if u guys want proof I can get ya screenies... :D

Grtz

Lukas

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back