MRU keys in the registry

B

bburg23

I am fairly new to NT platform and have a question about the registry. Is there a way to disable the registry from recording what is saved? For example, the following hive saves information about each type of file saved. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32
I know the keys can be deleted, but is there a way to disable a list from being made?

I foun it here in XP pro
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1844237615-152049171-842925246-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32

is it the same thing

Yes smarac, but doing it in there , is only relevant to that user account.

Best is to do it through where it says and it clears it for all users :)

Sorry guys, I'm loged as Administrator, I searched through registry and only found the suspicious key EMPTY, no subkeys under...
Is this normal ?

Or is this already Fool's Day ?

hahahah no Daemon , this is 100% legit

Are you opening ComDlg32 and not seeing any subfolders ?

Are you sure you followed the correct registry path - double check

it will be there, just follow the path exactly :)

mines empty too when i read the article i checked it and there were a few files so i rebooted and they were purged maybe because i have my internet history set to 0 days?

I also found mine empty.
I believe this is due to the setting that clears the MRU on shutdown. In ItweakUI it is 'clear recent documents on shutdown' This applies to the current user only.

On my PC this location HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32
was empty but next one wasn't
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1844237615-152049171-842925246-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back