Mpeg 2?

Android412

OSNN Addict
I wanna put a VHS tape onto DVD, through my computer. My video card has an composite input, but I was wondering what program to use. I assume there are different quality of MPEG 2 encoders, just wondering if there are any recommendations for a good encoder so I wont lose much quality, as well as a decent program that could possibly clean it up a bit if the quality sucks.

Android412

i would use virtualdub to capture to huffyuv in avi. it's a lossless codec and quite fast with decent compression. you will need a lot of hard disk space, depending mostly on output resolution and framerate. from there you can use avisynth to clean it up, crop, resize etc then HCEnc, a free mpeg2 encoder to encode. use belight or aften to encode audio to ac3, author with muxman and burn with imgburn

uhhh....thanks. I dont mean to sound unappreciative, but is there perhaps a slightly less complicated way. I've used virtualdub a bit, but I was following How 2 guides. Not sure if I could figure all that out on my own. Thanks again.

Anybody else?

Android412

just use windows movie maker, its very simple to use if you don't have it installed it is free on microsofts site for download, it also exports to dvd as well.

i'm assuming your looking for free programs, that probably the easiest to use for you.

it doesn't have to be free *cough*bit torrent*cough*, i'm just looking for relatively easy to use, and decent quality.

look for adobe premiere or pinnicle 7 for capturing.

use sorenson media squeeze 4 or autodesk cleaner xl to convert to dvd.

pinnicle can also convert to dvd within the program as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back