MPCHC Question

N

Not Bman

Alright, I have CCCP installed. I use the Media Player Classic that comes with it. I just recently installed SUMo and it tells me there is a newer version of MPC, so I go look it up, and on the MPC website they have x64 and x86 versions, and I have 1.1 something, the latest is 1.2.

Which version do I download, CCCP is x86, can I install over that one? I would like x64 if possible, do I need to uninstall CCCP first? or...I am a bit confused lol

if you want x64 player you will need x64 cccp, dont know why you want cccp with mpchc it plays everything without the need for codecs, as most are built into the player

I didn't know CCCP had x64, and because it has more options and seems to play more things then when I used to only use MCP.

And if I stay with x86, can I install over it? Or will it make 2 of them?

well what i mean is if you use a 64bit player you will need 64bit codecs, as far as i know (last time i looked at cccp its only x86)

Well I decided to remove CCCP and everything with that, and installed MCP x64 by itself. I hope I don't have any video issues.

don't do that.

Remove mpc x64 and reinstall cccp. The codecs built in to mpchc aren't all up to snuff.

Why would that be?

The MCP in CCCP is older then the stand alone MCP?

i know people who use x64 mpchc and tell it to use external ffdshow x64 if they get issues with a built in codec

also select evr in mpchc and you should be set

I kinda like the idea of there being the one program, no haali, ffdshow,etc installed as well. Now so far I am not having any playback issues, but I assume I will come across some in the future.

So I will follow your suggestion Lord when I have too.

Thanks.

if you want to give the impression that you have more than 0 brain cells, do as i said 5 minutes ago. That is all you need for video playback on windows unless you need to play blu-ray/hd-dvd.

anything else will cause you problems that you'll be posting on here for in a few weeks.

Well aren't you the picky one, Yes Sir!

lol I know your right.

I clicked that link and got there main page, no beta or anything...?

Thanks.

What exactly is MT compared to h.264 or whatever it was?

i am trying out mpc-hc RC4 atm and it now uses DVXA when i play x264 files looks rather good too, and has a few new options.

Why would that be?

The MCP in CCCP is older then the stand alone MCP?

Doesn't matter about MPC.

The point is that using the codecs in CCCP to augment what WMC already has, you can play everything simply by using WMP and WMC. You can still manipulate the codecs to manipulate audio/video as needed.

So I ended up updated MPC that was installed from the latest CCCP.

Because I forgot about this. Now it's a different .exe file then the original. Is the MCP I am using now (its installed in the same folder) using the codecs and things from CCCP? Or..

Why does all the links you guys give to the download, send me to there main page. WTF lol

I have the link to the file, just wondering.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back