• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

MPCHC Question

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Alright, I have CCCP installed. I use the Media Player Classic that comes with it. I just recently installed SUMo and it tells me there is a newer version of MPC, so I go look it up, and on the MPC website they have x64 and x86 versions, and I have 1.1 something, the latest is 1.2.

Which version do I download, CCCP is x86, can I install over that one? I would like x64 if possible, do I need to uninstall CCCP first? or...I am a bit confused lol

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
if you want x64 player you will need x64 cccp, dont know why you want cccp with mpchc it plays everything without the need for codecs, as most are built into the player

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I didn't know CCCP had x64, and because it has more options and seems to play more things then when I used to only use MCP.

And if I stay with x86, can I install over it? Or will it make 2 of them?

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
well what i mean is if you use a 64bit player you will need 64bit codecs, as far as i know (last time i looked at cccp its only x86)

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Well I decided to remove CCCP and everything with that, and installed MCP x64 by itself. I hope I don't have any video issues.

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
i know people who use x64 mpchc and tell it to use external ffdshow x64 if they get issues with a built in codec

also select evr in mpchc and you should be set

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I kinda like the idea of there being the one program, no haali, ffdshow,etc installed as well. Now so far I am not having any playback issues, but I assume I will come across some in the future.

So I will follow your suggestion Lord when I have too.

Thanks.

if you want to give the impression that you have more than 0 brain cells, do as i said 5 minutes ago. That is all you need for video playback on windows unless you need to play blu-ray/hd-dvd.

anything else will cause you problems that you'll be posting on here for in a few weeks.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Well aren't you the picky one, Yes Sir!

lol I know your right.

I clicked that link and got there main page, no beta or anything...?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Why would that be?

The MCP in CCCP is older then the stand alone MCP?
Doesn't matter about MPC.

The point is that using the codecs in CCCP to augment what WMC already has, you can play everything simply by using WMP and WMC. You can still manipulate the codecs to manipulate audio/video as needed.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
So I ended up updated MPC that was installed from the latest CCCP.

Because I forgot about this. Now it's a different .exe file then the original. Is the MCP I am using now (its installed in the same folder) using the codecs and things from CCCP? Or..

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Why does all the links you guys give to the download, send me to there main page. WTF lol

I have the link to the file, just wondering.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies