MP9 in IE Broke

TheBlueRaja

BR to Some
When i try to use Media Player 9 in IE to look at a movie or play sounds I just get this....

error.jpg

It dosent matter what site im on - it just dosent work. I have "uninstalled" and reinstalled MP9 with no effect. I say "uninstalled" because i noticed that in typical MicroS**t fashion that most of the files were still in the Program Files directory.

Incidentally - if i download a file and try to play it - theres no problem - its only when using the browser.

Any Ideas - im stumped.
:eek:

Are you watching a movie that is compressed in DivX or DivX like methods? The reason is because compressed files (like DivX or Windows Media 9 Compression) also use compressed audio. If you computer is downloading the audio and video out of sync, the audio could start playing without downloading the rest of the video.

Well, like i say it happens with boths videos and sound clips and only through a browser.

If you have a peek at the example i posted its actually an MP3 file its having difficulty playing.

I've just noticed that if I use Mozilla - i get the following message when i try to do the same...

Illegal Operation In Plugin

Windows Media Player Plug-In Dynamic Link Library

The Plugin performed an illegal operation. You are strongly advised to restart Navigator.

So how do i get shot off / replace the plugin or DLL?

you could download the wmp installer and run it again, i guess this will fix the dll's ?

Sorry GoNz0 - i have already tried that dosent work. As i said in my first post i tried it but it leaves a LOT of files behind after the uninstall. Perhaps if somebody knew of a comprehensive WMP uninstaller that would help.

I fixed it - WMP9 Unistall is awful - simply because it dosent uninstall anything.

I found this on the net though

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\Windows\INF\wmp.inf,Uninstall

This removed WMP9 correctly, after which it worked again with the default player. The i installed WMP9 again and it worked.

Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back