MP3 tagging help!

J

Jmitchell

I am using both Music Match Jukebox. I import my MP3 files into it and then attempt to tag them. However, some of the tags get cutoff. For example I have a bunch of music from The Cranberries. Some of the tags say "The Cranberrie" I go in and change it to "The Cranberries", however, it does not change it! It is not read-only. This seems to only happen with XP. Is it because of the tagging that you can do if you right mouse click on the file itself and then tag using the Microsoft tagging? Anyone else have this problem?? Thanks for the help.

open the files in Winamp....and look at the file info using winamp...i'm betting your creating 2 different tags..one that is ID3 and one that is id3v2...you can figure it out from there... :)

Well To answer your question... First an ID3 tag can support 32 characters... You can put as many as you want in there but, like your experiencing you will have some clipping... If you want to fix this there's a great and quite power little progie called MP3 Tag Studio... It unfortunatley comes with some adware similiar to Kazza and Morphues but it can be "dealt with" PM me for info on that.. From this program you can do anything you want with a tag.. Most importantly make corrections or revisions...

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back