MP3 tag creator

scriptasylum

OSNN Senior Addict
I tried searching the forums, but because the 4-letter-or-more search limitation, it didn't leave me with many options...

Anyway, I have a bunch of MP3's that I have ripped from CDs (that I do own), but they have no tag data. Is there an ID tagger out there that will create the tags from the filename?

scriptasylum said:
I tried searching the forums, but because the 4-letter-or-more search limitation, it didn't leave me with many options...

Anyway, I have a bunch of MP3's that I have ripped from CDs (that I do own), but they have no tag data. Is there an ID tagger out there that will create the tags from the filename?

Tag Scanner

CDDB and iTunes would automatically look up the id3 tags before ripping the CD.

Since you've already converted them to mp3s though, take a look at the MusicBrainz tagger. It's worked well for me in the past. :)
http://www.musicbrainz.org/

ultratagger rocks .... it uses the freedb database to look up complete albums that are not tagged ... truly amazing. look for it using your google-fu.

My favourite is Tag

I think it is the smoothest and also the most adaptive to filenames.

There is also Mp3 Tag Tools. You can find it at sourceforge.net.

Ultratagger - Nothing else does a better job ..

Thanks All!

I tried Ultratagger and it seemed to work for what I wanted it to do for now. I'll probably give the others a try since I have about 8GB of MP3s left to tag. Ultratagger is kinda clumsy if you have lots of sub-folders to go through. The one that uses an on-line database sounds like a good bet if it works like it should. All I really want is a batch mode where the Artist and Title is derived from the filename (my files are saved as "Artist - Title.mp3") and saved in the original location no matter which sub-folder they are in.

Recently got a new Alpine deck (CDA-9815) and it plays MP3s, so I'm compiling CDs now. I could just browse the titles by filename, but the tag data is nicer. :)

Off topic: By the way, the loss of user data here sucked. Sorry to hear about that. Glad everything seems to be up and running ok. Bad that I have to start my post count all over though. I was at 7 hundred something.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back