MP3 tag creator

scriptasylum

OSNN Senior Addict
I tried searching the forums, but because the 4-letter-or-more search limitation, it didn't leave me with many options...

Anyway, I have a bunch of MP3's that I have ripped from CDs (that I do own), but they have no tag data. Is there an ID tagger out there that will create the tags from the filename?

MSUman4

OSNN Junior Addict
scriptasylum said:
I tried searching the forums, but because the 4-letter-or-more search limitation, it didn't leave me with many options...

Anyway, I have a bunch of MP3's that I have ripped from CDs (that I do own), but they have no tag data. Is there an ID tagger out there that will create the tags from the filename?
Tag Scanner

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
CDDB and iTunes would automatically look up the id3 tags before ripping the CD.

Since you've already converted them to mp3s though, take a look at the MusicBrainz tagger. It's worked well for me in the past. :)
http://www.musicbrainz.org/

Mooz

Moozically Con~foozed
ultratagger rocks .... it uses the freedb database to look up complete albums that are not tagged ... truly amazing. look for it using your google-fu.

scriptasylum

OSNN Senior Addict
Thanks All!

I tried Ultratagger and it seemed to work for what I wanted it to do for now. I'll probably give the others a try since I have about 8GB of MP3s left to tag. Ultratagger is kinda clumsy if you have lots of sub-folders to go through. The one that uses an on-line database sounds like a good bet if it works like it should. All I really want is a batch mode where the Artist and Title is derived from the filename (my files are saved as "Artist - Title.mp3") and saved in the original location no matter which sub-folder they are in.

Recently got a new Alpine deck (CDA-9815) and it plays MP3s, so I'm compiling CDs now. I could just browse the titles by filename, but the tag data is nicer. :)

Off topic: By the way, the loss of user data here sucked. Sorry to hear about that. Glad everything seems to be up and running ok. Bad that I have to start my post count all over though. I was at 7 hundred something.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amanda99