MP3 silence removal

B

bheagle

anyone know of a tool to cut the silence off the front and end of an mp3, I'd like one that would do a whole DIR or perhaps a whole TREE of files at once... automatically.

I know how to do it with wav's, but not with mp3s ..

Sorry dude.

thx anyway.. I only have about 5000 songs to do, converting them to wav first would suck...hehehehehe

:D

Have you ever tried some winamp plugins that make those annoying seconds of silence to go away?

I have never seen any batch application that will remove X seconds of mp3, although you could use a batch converter mp3>wav and then use your little proggie ( dB Power Amp Converter does the job @ www.download.com )

Hope this will help you out

I've tried those yes, but my main goal is to eliminate the silence in the file, basically to reduce file sizes..and it would take a lot more HD space to convert them all then run the utility then convert them back....

i think any of the mp3 splitter can do silence detection and removal... maybe not as a batch.... but they'll do the job.... just head to download.com and do a search for mp3 splitter or mp3 trimmer.... one that i use is mp3DirectCut...

Try using soundforge...you can edit mp3s with it without converting to wavs...

Try searching on Kazaa for it

K

I have SoundForge 5 and i have problems with mp3 files, it says that i need to register the mp3 codec for saving mp3 files.
Although Soundforge may not be the fastest way to eliminate those silences...

I have soundforge, it would take me 5 years to remove all the silence from all 5000 mp3s.

You Need a good little tool called MP3 TRIM, it does is auto, and can also set the volume to peak level.

I can send it too you if you want

i havent used mp3 trim myself, but judging from what it does you should be careful as to what files you work with, as i'm sure not all your songs have the beginning silence.

i think there is a winamp plugin in their latest release that ignore silence.

but you're trying to reduce hard drive space right? if it comes down to it, you can edit the mp3s in sonic foundry's acid. it doesnt take long at all since they work with mp3s.

MP3 Trim Pro will do batch

In the auto mode it scans the file then trims, ive never had a damaged file or a beginning of a song cut of!

Even if you dont use the batch option each mp3 takes about 5 seconds from loading it to saving it

You could use GoldWave, it works with mp3's but i'm not sure if it will do the batch

MP3 Trim will do exactly what you want. I use it's companion program WAV Trim and have never had a prob. I just select the files I want (though I don't think I'd do all 5000 at once:eek: )
and off it goes. You can even select the length of silence before trimming. You can get it here: MP3 Trim

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back