mp3 resampling?

Z

ZipTriX

I want to do a massive mp3 resampling to 192. The program I use now comes with Easy CD-DA Extractor. For some reason it keeps closing itself and I don't know why.

Can anyone help me or recommend another program that does MASS mp3 conversation with normalization?

ok I have a question for ya...I use to do a lot of MP3 resampling...but then I did a little research and asked around alot of mp3 groups and found that all it is, is a waste of disk space.

When you are resampling the mp3, you are boosting it to 192kbps, but the quality is still pretty much 128kbps because the damage to the original pure WAV stream is already done, the program can't guess to add in the frequencies that were cut out during the original cd-rip to mp3 so it's kinda pointless =/

but when I did it, I used a program called mp3studio that came on a maximum pc cd I believe, i'll look around for it :)

The program shuts off when trying to convert the mp3 to anything (128, 160, 192).

Dunno, just prefer to makie them all 192. Not wasting any harddrive space.

Also when burning an audio cd, can you use wma files instead of mp3s?

if your cdburning program supports conversion from WMA to standard ya can. I referred to wasting harddrive space because when ya convert to 192 the files are bigger :)

I'm not sure if nero or EZCD support WMA to wav automatically? has anyone tried? I have never had a single WMA file so I really don't know!

Originally posted by Qumahlin
if your cdburning program supports conversion from WMA to standard ya can. I referred to wasting harddrive space because when ya convert to 192 the files are bigger :)

I'm not sure if nero or EZCD support WMA to wav automatically? has anyone tried? I have never had a single WMA file so I really don't know!

if I am right wma is smaller then mp3. also about the wasted I just built a system with 4 120 gig hard drives. (i run everything off that system.)

Features for Nero in the audio section listed this as one of the features:

supporting of MP3 and WMA (MS Audio) as source for audio tracks

Is that what you were talking about?

yup, that means ya should be able to drag a WMA into the burn window and it should convert it to be burnable :)

and ya, WMA is smaller then mp3 on a quality scale or so they say, just like ms says a wma at 128k is as good as a mp3 at 192k, then we start throwing in ogg vorbis and mp3Pro and oh my forget it i'm just storing everything as a good ole 50meg wav lol :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back