MP3 editing software...

AcftMecH

OSNN Addict
whats a good mp3 editing program to breakup an mp3 file that is an entire CD?

Thanks!

if I were to edit a sound file, i would get an mp3 to wav converter. convert the file, and then use a wav file editor. those are easier to find if an mp3 editor even exists. the best wav file editor I have found is included with NERO. then you can just convert the files back to mp3 format.

If you want to do what tylerm784 said then you can't go past this freeware app. Wave Splitter.

Goldwave works pretty good as well it's shareware though

:cool:

i edit MP3´s with Cool Edit 2000.......and does it fine......still you have to "unlock" some features.......you know what i mean

Try Audacity. It's a freeware.
You can record sounds, play sounds, import and export WAV, AIFF, and MP3 files, and more. Use it to edit your sounds using Cut, Copy and Paste (with unlimited Undo), mix tracks together, or apply effects to your recordings. Built-in effects include Bass Boost, Wahwah, and Noise Removal, and it also supports VST plug-in effects.

To compile the edited version back to MP3 format you will need Lame.dll . . just do a Google search and you'll find many sites with this dll available for free download.

im also looking for mp3 edit software but im looking the one has a turntable in it..(virtual)

Originally posted by AcftMecH
whats a good mp3 editing program to breakup an mp3 file that is an entire CD?

Thanks!

What you have there is someone who knows what to do with Techno CD's.

The file should also include a .cue file.

You will then need a plugin for Winamp that will read the cue file and the accompanying mp3 so it knows where one track starts and ends.

Why do they do this?

No matter what you do, techno cd's that are continuous tracks will not blend into the next song properly due to a property of mp3.

If you know what a wave file looks like, you should know that it is a wave (heh) sorta like ones u'd see when u graph a sin, cos or tan equation. They WILL NEVER connect exactly when you rip them as individual tracks and thus will create a slight pop or something to that effect when it goes to the next song.

If you want to cut these tracks properly, hunt down the cue file and use Exact Audio Copy to cut it into seperate mp3's rather than editing the song yourself.

Linkage:
Exact Audio Copy
mp3Cue Plugin

Like the post above, Goldwave is great!! It's very simple to use, but has most common features for simple editing. If u r seriously getting into music creation/editing, soundforge is the best, quite expensive tho.
I haven't seen a MP3 editor (good one) which has a turntable. You might need 2 softwares to do both the jobs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back