Mozilla.org

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Already submited this as front page news, but no-one's around to post it yet ;) ..

Anyway, the Mozilla site has been re-designed to be more welcoming to newcomers, take a look at mozilla.org

e-gad, it looks semi sexeh now

BTW speedy have you checked out the Thunderbird email client??

I've used the Thunderbird email client and sometimes it just randomly "forgets" to save my account settings. I'll stay with Outlook until this client matures...and I'm also using Firebird, I'm not sold on Opera at all, but I like the speed of Firebird. They're doing some great things with this browser.

yeah I have tried Thunderbird, its alright, but I still think I prefer MSOE

Geffy, not yet, if it's anything like the mail app that's part of the Mozilla suite then it should be good.

UofEEE, yeah Firebird is the better browser up to a point. I mean the developers are focussing on just the browser unlike the mozilla team who focus on mail/irc/composer/browser, Firebird still isn't up to 100% functionality yet (sidebars!!) but version 1.5 of the mozilla app suite is going to be a big improvement as they are taking a lot of firebirds optmisations (speed, looks, file size) on board into the mozilla browser.

I like them both equally, and use both all the time, but I can't wait for Mozilla 1.5 :)

HEATHENS!!! :p
I'm still waiting for Mozilla to work out a Spell-Checker (something like IESpell) .... then I'm switching :)

after a gruelling 3 minute download
and 5 minutes of surfing
I still dont like it :(

hope it uninstalls ok

Mozilla is rubbish unless you customize it.
Dig through the settings first :)

I had quick look through the options
but didnt see the disable ugly browser option
:p

man that thing is slow ~ it loaded like ie used to on dialup
well its gone now
probably try it again in another 12 months

:rolleyes:

Yes there is... Its called themes :p
About the slow part... well ... its probably because of all the evil "open source" hackers hacking your computer... i got a letter from MS about that.

no one said Mozilla had hackers with open sores
that is so nasty
gonna have to scrub me pc wit bleach

in the advanced section look for Networking and then enable HTTP Pipelining, that will make it browse faster

remind me again in 12 months
when I've forgotten how ugly it is

1. it's not ugly, it uses your windows theme, it also has it's own theming.

2. it's not slow browsing, if I open IE now thats slow, why? because (my) mozilla, unlike (my) IE, has everything cached.. just as your copy of IE does. (possibly other reasons to it aswell, but seriously, the copy of IE on here is like using a 14.4k :p)

3. Benny is right, most people will not like it unless they customise it to their own liking (which you can't do in five minutes)

4. I.. the ultimate Mozilla zealot on the UK.. hated Mozilla the first time I used it, then after about 2 years of trying it 'now and then' along with netscape, it's functionality and superiourity over IE suddenly dawned on me, and now I won't use anything else :)

Oh and by the way.. that's my view.. an opinion, nothing 100% proven fact about it.. don't want to start any arguments ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back