Mozilla.org Discussion (Mozilla, FireBird, Thunderbird, etc)

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
This thread will be for discussion of Browser builds, mail builds, Nightlies, Features, Settings, preferences, support. Basically all aspects of the products which mozilla.org provides.
There will be no comparing it to "Browser X", no belittling other browsers, or anything that is off topic.
ANY derogatory, off topic, or flaming comments within this thread will be deleted without warning.

Just for reference the old Firebird and thunderbird discussion threads are here and here respectively.

/me really likes this browser...got it going pretty much the way I like it now.

personally, I haven't gotten use to the tabs yet, but that will come

Are you using the middle button (on links) to open new tabs and then (on the tabs) to close them?
I never used the tabs that much until I used that method as I was just right clicking then "open new tab" before.

I never knew you could close tabs with your middle mouse button. Thanks ;)

Originally posted by Glaanieboy
I never knew you could close tabs with your middle mouse button. Thanks ;)

Yep, that makes it so much quicker. :)

I personally like multiple windows, i dont know. Just something i like =)

I still have the thing when I want to close a site, I accidentally click the close button for the entire program (the one in the upper right corner). Then I lose all open sites, that's quite annoying.

edit: I just found out you can middleclick the bookmarks in the Bookmark Toolbar Folder (the one below the address bar). Excellent!

heh, you need to lean to just minimise it when your done with the window.
As for the bookmarks, that's one of the things that I miss when using Mozilla, it's a very handy feature.. just like opening a folder of bookmarks in tabs :)

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
just like opening a folder of bookmarks in tabs :)

Man, I am learning new stuff here. That's really cool! And I am a Mozilla/Firebird user for 2 months now!

Are you using the middle button (on links) to open new tabs and then (on the tabs) to close them?
I never used the tabs that much until I used that method as I was just right clicking then "open new tab" before.

uye

laptop, no middle click

maybe I can configure a "tap zone" to be a middle click...I doubt it...I'll check tonight

CTRL+Click acheives the same as a middle click :)

[edit] except for the closing of tabs it seems :confused:

Orbitz is fixed, and so is Orbitz expanded. No more weird sizes on that.

CTRL+Click acheives the same as a middle click :)

this is as many steps as a right click, etc.

I ahve to find a way to do it with one click

Originally posted by dealer
maybe I can configure a "tap zone" to be a middle click...I doubt it...I'll check tonight

I've configured the lower right corner to be a middle click tap zone. Works great. :)

I upgraded to Firebird 0.7 last week by using an installer. I did this because the installer incoporates some reg entries that allows for plugins to work, so that you don't have to manually enter them (or something along those lines). Anyhow, first I deleted my old installation with the exception of my profile folder, and I added it into the 0.7 installation afterwards.

Most everything is fine and I like the new build, but I still can't get Flash to work. I had this problem with 0.6.1 and asked for help in the Firebird thread. I believe NetRyder worked with me a bit on it, but I never got it working. I figured after installing 0.7 with the installer I wouldn't have any problem, but I do. I got the Flash installer from the Firebird plugins site, and it finds Firebird as my browser during setup. Also, a flash file shows up in the plugins directory after installing it. After restarting the browser, flash sites still won't load, and when there the option is there, it redirects me to the HTML version.

That's about every detail I can think of concerning my issue. Any suggestions?

would one of you gurus's write a tweak of some sort to invert my favorites please?

TWEAK REQUEST!!!!TWEAK REQUEST!!!!

Any way to get an "escape" in the right click when I hover over a tab?

this way, I can save bandwidth and stop a tab from reloading.

any chance?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back