Mozilla.org Discussion (Mozilla, FireBird, Thunderbird, etc)

How did you get the middle button on the mouse working like that? I'm interested!

you need a laptop mouse that has "tap zones"

then, "tap zones" has to be one of the options.

can't do it otherwise

first, click on the little mousey paddy, thingy inn your taskbar.

if that's not there, go to mouse from the control panel

all software is differant, so I don't know how to enable tap zones on your box...I don't even know if you have tap zones, but if you do, you'l;l have a scroll down list, and hopefully, middle click is an option

You can also open multiple tabs and use the whole group as your start page.

Thanks Gus, this is something new to me and I've used Mozilla for a while now. Btw, does anyone know how to browse Mozilla's cache? You know, like browsing IE cache we go to Temporary Internet Files folder, but Moz is different.

Originally posted by dealer
would one of you gurus's write a tweak of some sort to invert my favorites please?

Go into your profiles dir, and give me your bookmarks.*

Email it to me at fixthesedamnbookmarks[at]x-istence.com

noooooooooo

2 much p0000000000000000rn

2 embarrassing

maybe 4 a price though

Well, then dont. Whatever.

I was going to invert em by hand for you, but no, you dont want that ;P.

Ill see if i can write you a program in C++.

Originally posted by leeleeleelee
Thanks Gus, this is something new to me and I've used Mozilla for a while now. Btw, does anyone know how to browse Mozilla's cache? You know, like browsing IE cache we go to Temporary Internet Files folder, but Moz is different.
just pop "about:cache" into the address bar. :)

Speaking about the cache, for Firebird users who like the little bookmark favicons that tend to get lost after a while (a bug), clearing the cache will start the process over again. Increasing the cache size will put it off awhile.

Hmm, I never knew that it was a bug, I thought it just hadn't been implimented to actually keep the icons stored yet.
thanks for the tip :)

Firebird (and I imagine Mozilla too) will also save most of those flash animations (SWF files) you see to your drive. Just do a "Save As.." and look for a "files" folder that shows up (ignore the HTML file).

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/soundboards.shtml
As an example if you go to Letterman's board and 'Save As' you get 'Letterman.html' and a folder 'letterman_files" with 'letterman.swf' in it. Click on it and you are good to go. Nothing could be easier and less complicated.

And to play them you can try SAFlashPlayer.exe (stand-alone).
http://www.ahlrates.com/players/ or just use your browser.

Ok. I've just installed firebird on my new machine (G4 mac) and for some reason using the tab key doesn't take me to the "submit" button when using forums, if there are multiple forms to fill in then it will go through them in order, but won't tab to the submit button.
Anyone know if this is behaviour of the browser or of OSX ?

Tabs are regulated by the OS, I think, just like the F5 (Refresh) key.

*cough cough* anyone want to help out with my Flash problem (page 1) *cough cough* ;)

Originally posted by muzikool
*cough cough* anyone want to help out with my Flash problem (page 1) *cough cough* ;)

Make sure the flash plugin is named NPSWF32.dll. It should be in the MozillaFirebird\plugins directory.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back