Mozilla no longer freeware?

It's not freeware, it's open sourced. Please don't confuse the two.

It's open source, not freeware.

Man I really should get posting quicker!!!

Nooooo... That is not why they call him SPeedY. :rolleyes: :p

Anyway:

FREEWARE - A form of software distribution where the author retains copyright of the software, but makes the program available to others at no cost. Freeware is often distributed on bulletin boards, or through user groups. The program may not be resold or distributed by others for profit.

OPEN SOURCE - Any software whose code is available for users to look at and modify freely. Linux is the best-known example; others include Apache, the dominant software for servers that dish out corporate web pages.

While not strictly true, To me, freeware means crappy VB projects made by a 12-year old, never updated and released via a geocities site. Open source is usually high quality, constantly maintained software. Not always true, but it usually seems that way :D

its open source not freeware.

*edit* oh my I was so off the mark

You just wanted to join in the fun didn't you? :p

what is the purpose of this thread? this was already posted in the mozilla/firefox/etc thread :/

Or are we gonna get into a theoretical discussion of biblical proportions about Freeware as opposed to Shareware.

The holy grail of what is true pure software.

Errrrrrrrrr... Now I'm scarring myself. :eek: :p

I know it is open source.
If I had written no longer open source, would that have got your attention to?

I know why they call him SPeeDY_B, it's written in a toilet in Aston.

Lol I must get a life.

Lee said:
I know it is open source.
If I had written no longer open source, would that have got your attention to?

I know why they call him SPeeDY_B, it's written in a toilet in Aston.

Lol I must get a life.
Yes, you must. You must also practice writing my name in the correct case 50 times.

I also highly doubt my name is anywhere in Aston.

SPeedY_B said:
Yes, you must. You must also practice writing my name in the correct case 50 times.

I also highly doubt my name is anywhere in Aston.
Practise.

:)

Excuse me while I go get a dictionary to throw at all of you! :p

Does this thread have anything to do with Mozilla anymore? Or should I toss it into the Lounge now? :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back