speedy being pedantic..So that's why i replied. So yeah lounge this baby!!
Lee said:You 'practise' playing a sport.
You 'practice' medicine.
So no it is not a variant.
Maybe in your American dictionary.gonaads said:practice:
- 1. To do or perform habitually or customarily; make a habit of: practices courtesy in social situations.
2. To do or perform (something) repeatedly in order to acquire or polish a skill: practice a dance step.
3. To give lessons or repeated instructions to; drill: practiced the students in handwriting.
4. To work at, especially as a profession: practice law.
5. To carry out in action; observe: practices a religion piously.
6. Obsolete. To plot (something evil).
- Variant of practice
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Sooooo, YES it is a variant.
And yeah, you could say I am being a bit academic on this.