Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah from what I've read I always thought "quick launch" was discouraged really. I use Mozilla and have never used it for that purpose and mozilla is as snappy now the 1.7x version (if not more) then Firefox. :)

Now if only I had a way to compile my one version. :(

Daeron Tinúviel said:
any news when FF 0.9 gonna be available?
After Mozilla goes 1.7 final .. and thats not till probably mid/end of May if all goes good. :)

I'm going to give Firefox a go and put my Opera 7.5 off to the side. Can I copy my bookmarks from Opera into Firefox? Also SPeedY_B you crack me up. Dude a MAC! That is awesome. Hey I checked out your website :) nice ! Went out last night with friends for a curry at Nishads, good curry it was too What the heck is curry ?

I believe curry is liquor ;) Also if you can "export" your bookmarks from Opera or even find where Opera saves your bookmarks its as easy as going bookmarks -> manage bookmarks -> import and choosing the file. :)

Xie said:
I believe curry is liquor ;)

Hahaha! Curry is actually a generic name for Indian food that's quite popular in the UK.
Good spicy stuff.
laugh.gif

NetRyder said:
Hahaha! Curry is actually a generic name for Indian food that's quite popular in the UK.
Good spicy stuff.
laugh.gif
haha I actually knew that now that I think about it. I've made that mistake before and been corrected on it. :p

/me thinks its bed time :confused:

-edit- at least I got the important part of my reply correct :D

Even more sad I think is whenever I hear the word curry a Wu-Tang Clan song pops in my head .. "...hot as a pot of curry..." :p

Mozilla RC2

Its out .. go get it! :D Oh and I already have it on frontpage here.

Enjoy.

Xie said:
Its out .. go get it! :D Oh and I already have it on frontpage here.

Enjoy.

Thanks Xie on the notification. I'm on it. Also thanks for the briefing on "curry". I like spicy so I'm going to get a recipe, go to the market and grab whatever to make some, maybe throw it in with my ramen noodles.
:eek:

Tip

I use Fastnet99 a program that verifies the sites in my bookmarks.html file in FireFox. Adds the IP and domain to the hosts file located C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\

So now I could get to sites faster I guess, kinda reminds me of that QOS tweak, does it work or not. I have a fast cable connection, don't really notice it. Most sites I visit, finish rendering normally under 2 secs. If my DNS server goes down I guess I should be able to visit the site without any problems.

I don't know what will happen to those that use the hosts file for blocking ad sites.

Sorry for interrupting your off topic posts. :D

I know that some people used the sidebars that I created back in the ntfs days, I've finally got round to re-adding them to my site and spiffing them up for all to use, the site is now at http://sidebar.speedyb.co.uk/

SPeedY_B said:
I know that some people used the sidebars that I created back in the ntfs days, I've finally got round to re-adding them to my site and spiffing them up for all to use, the site is now at http://sidebar.speedyb.co.uk/

Awwh...I miss those. Wish I could use them in Firefox.
sad.gif

I tried Mozilla some days ago, but I can't go back to it. I'm far too reliant on some Firefox-specific features now like the Google search bar (Ctrl+K is awesome), Tabbrowser Extensions, and the great skins available.

Announcement:
Firefox 0.9, coming soon to a computer near you.
wink.gif

Ben Goodger - Firefox Dev said:
We're targeting a 6/12 or 6/14 (earlier better) release date for 0.9. I don't see much point in holding onto this one for too long since it'll only eat into 1.0b development cycle time. It looks like EM etc mostly works.

Please grab all the recent branch builds you can and find any grandma killing bugs!

-Ben

NetRyder said:
Awwh...I miss those. Wish I could use them in Firefox.
sad.gif

I tried Mozilla some days ago, but I can't go back to it. I'm far too reliant on some Firefox-specific features now like the Google search bar (Ctrl+K is awesome), Tabbrowser Extensions, and the great skins available.
It was you who showed me the extension for FireFox that allowed sidebars :D .. I don't remember the name now though :p

NetRyder said:
Announcement:
Firefox 0.9, coming soon to a computer near you.
wink.gif
Know whats going to be in it? difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back