Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daeron Tinúviel said:
1. Exit Mozilla Firefox.
2. Browse to the "chrome" directory of your Mozilla Firefox application directory.
3. Delete "chrome.rdf" and the "overlayinfo" directory (they will regenerated on next Firefox startup).
4. Delete [extensionname].jar (or the [extensionname] directory, if it has one).
5. Remove every line with a reference to [extensionname] from "installed-chrome.txt". Usually there are two: one to the content and one to the locale.
6. A few extensions might use additional files. TBE, for examplem has a "tabextensions.js" in "[/path/to/firefox]/defaults/pref/" to store its defaults in. Search through your application dir for such files and delete them.
7. Restart Mozilla Firefox.

It's probably a good idea to make backups of the files/directories before deleting/changing anything to be able to restore the status quo in case anything goes wrong.

Note: The procedure above applies only to extensions that are installed in the application directory. To remove extensions from the profile, your safest course of action is to create a new profile and transfer over files from the previous one.
So I guess there isn't an easier way! Thanks!

under tools >> options >> extensions? uninstall by clicking button :p

Worked like a charm! Thanks for the info. They should make a proggy for this!

any way when downloading to open the .exe instead of saving it? only can open on known extensions and well... .exe's aren't know as those kinda extensions...

Vetrius said:
any way when downloading to open the .exe instead of saving it? only can open on known extensions and well... .exe's aren't know as those kinda extensions...
I'm not sure about Firefox but in mozilla you can do this under peferences -> Navigator -> helper applications

*Edit* - hmm... maybe that would be kinda complex ... would have to set mime type and whatnot :/

what kind of nightlies do people use around here? tweaked like the ones on The Burning Edge, official, or what?

allbusiness said:
what kind of nightlies do people use around here? tweaked like the ones on The Burning Edge, official, or what?
I use what you would call "official" nightlies I suppose as they come from mozilla ftp :) running kinda old nightly right now ...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040219

Milk Theme

I must say that this theme is the best-looking one I've seen so far. Here's a link to the download for anyone that wants it: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/5732073/

I've included a screenshot of the theme on my browser.

Attachments

• milktheme.jpg
    milktheme.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 112
I like it. I had stopped using Firefox but I might give it a go again and use that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back