Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xie said:
checks in the mail ;)

Yippyyyyyy :p

Glad it works. :)

Now remember make the check out to gonaads, care of "the squeeze'n cough foundation". :rolleyes:

Problem in FireFox 0.8!
For my songviewer I have an administration page, when you click on an username, you get to see what the picture looks like, when clicking the IP address, the host tool is started etc. These windows are opened using:
Code:
<a href="#Glaanieboy" onClick="javascript:window.open('admin.php?tool=viewsong&user=Glaanieboy', '', 'fullscreen=no,toolbar=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,directories=no,location=no,width=500,height=150,left=200,top=200');" name="Glaanieboy">Glaanieboy</a>
As you can see, I have set a height of 150 px, but for reason, it looks like FF takes 50% of that value and makes it 75 px high. I know it has worked in Firebird and it works in IE also, but why not in FireFox? help!

Glaanieboy said:
Problem in FireFox 0.8!
For my songviewer I have an administration page, when you click on an username, you get to see what the picture looks like, when clicking the IP address, the host tool is started etc. These windows are opened using:
Code:
<a href="#Glaanieboy" onClick="javascript:window.open('admin.php?tool=viewsong&user=Glaanieboy', '', 'fullscreen=no,toolbar=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,directories=no,location=no,width=500,height=150,left=200,top=200');" name="Glaanieboy">Glaanieboy</a>
As you can see, I have set a height of 150 px, but for reason, it looks like FF takes 50% of that value and makes it 75 px high. I know it has worked in Firebird and it works in IE also, but why not in FireFox? help!

It seems to work with my Firefox. :confused:

(see attachment)

I tried extensions for the first time today, as I pretty much ignored them before.

I can't live without the Mouse Gesture extension now :D

does anyone know how i can sort my bookmarks into alphabetical instead of all mixed up?

also, is there any modded or nightly versions of firefox? i want one optimized for athlon xp...

peace

d

bookmarks -> manage bookmarks - > view -> sorted by name

Ok I have removed that tabs extention thingy as it slows mozilla by like 50% :( Does anybody know how the guy that makes that gets rid of "close other tabs" from right click menu on tabs? please please please

Xie said:
Ok I have removed that tabs extention thingy as it slows mozilla by like 50% :( Does anybody know how the guy that makes that gets rid of "close other tabs" from right click menu on tabs? please please please

i have tabbrowserext and it doesnt slow anything........btw there is an ext to uninstall exts

u can find it here:

Uninstaller for Ext

i got it uninstalled .. it has a built in uninstall. it makes a HUGE difference in speed for sure.

i dont know cause i have use mine with and without and there is no difference at all, maybe u got an old tabext build

the one that i'm using is:

tabext

I can't get Java apps to work through Firefox. I have java enabled in the settings and really don't know where to go from there

Help!

Hi Guys,

I have always backed up my thunderbird folder in case I ever had to reinstall Windows. It has always worked when the need arised. I would reinstall and then copy the folder back into the C:\.....application data\thunderbird folder, and everything returned to normal. This time however, I cannot locate my address book. Since I have a copy of the Thunderbird folder backed up on my other hard drive, where in this folder do I look for my address book?

Heeter

your addressbook is the file called abook.mab or anyother file with the *.mab extension. its looked in the root of your profile folder, so C:\.....application data\thunderbird\<random>.slt\profile\default that will have the mab file(s)

once found you can then import it into TB via the addressbook window

Xie said:

Read my post. :)

----> http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showpost.php?p=25073&postcount=389 <----

Works for Firefox and/or Mozilla... same difference. :D

[edit] Hey, wait a minute... you asked this already. And I posted that for you already. Didn't it work? :confused:

Ooooh oh oh... I understand question now. Duuuuh, you want to do what you did with the extensions installed... Now that you have uninstalled them.

*make note to self... engage right brain before left brain* :p

Yeah that extention kills the hell out of mozilla speed but i realy wanna get rid of that "close other tabs" ... so i was wondering if anyone knew how he did that hack so i could do just that hack alone w/out 1)all the crap that i don't need 2) w/out massive speed hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back