Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evil Marge said:
I know what you mean and all that's been done.
The more I'm on a site the quicker it gets but when I first open pages it loads like a snail and the images take ages to load up.

That's because it is now loaded in yer cache. You were usin IE before for all yer browsing, soooo all these sites you have been going to were/are already in the IE cache. So it loads faster. But go to a page that you have been to before a few times with Firefox and see how it loads now. It should load very quickly since you have been there before and the browser is using it's cache to load the page(s).

Khayman said:
Then what i said was almost correct. go to tools->options->downloads click the option that says save all files to this folder.

Although for a better way of doing it, download the extentions "download sort". This allows you to automaticlay (ie don't get dialog box) files into different locations based on the file type (and some other options)
Thanks Khayman! :)

NetRyder said:
Firefox is a standalone browser. As suggested, you could use Thunderbird as your mail client. The two apps are complementary to each other, in a way.

And yes, Thunderbird and Outlook Express can co-exist quite happily just like Firefox and IE can on the same system. :)
Thanks NetRyder

I lost my bookmark list in my linux Monzilla.

On top of Broswer, when I open the Bookmark tab, the list is empty, even thugh I copy and pasted the .html list from my Windows Firefox setup into the mozilla folder. Anyone can help me with my little dilemma?

Thanks in advance guys,

Heeter

Heeter said:
I lost my bookmark list in my linux Monzilla.

On top of Broswer, when I open the Bookmark tab, the list is empty, even thugh I copy and pasted the .html list from my Windows Firefox setup into the mozilla folder. Anyone can help me with my little dilemma?

Thanks in advance guys,

Heeter

Hmm...that's odd. Replacing bookmarks.html should bring back your bookmarks. Try using the "Import" option instead: Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks>File>Import. Then select the bookmarks.html file you got from Windows.

Hope it works. :)

I would like my middle click which will get the link in the new window to also switch focus to the new tab so I don't ahve to click the new tab too.

also, in firefox how do I get quick reply available on this board...I can't figure this out

also, it seems like back or forward reloads the page...anyway to go back or forward from cache?

perris said:
I would like my middle click which will get the link in the new window to also switch focus to the new tab so I don't ahve to click the new tab too.
I got this one sussed...uncheck "open links in backround

Pointless post: Just looking at the who's online page, and more people are using FireFox than anything else :D

I use it on the forums but use IE when I'm looking for graphics :D
I've even got some nice themes for it too :cool:

perris said:
also, in firefox how do I get quick reply available on this board...I can't figure this out

Not sure what you mean. I've always had the quick reply box available in Firefox. Try checking the UserCP. Might find something there.

SPeedY_B said:
Pointless post: Just looking at the who's online page, and more people are using FireFox than anything else :D
where is the option to see browsers?????

do I need to be super mod to do this?

if so, that sux

Firefox original version (no nightlys):

Takes ages to load up and out of the three tabs I have set as home pages the last two disappear almost as soon as they startup leaving only one that actually loads up - meh confused!!

Any ideas??

Thankfully I have called old firebird 7 still on file :)

What websites are you trying to load in those tabs? I open up 4 websites on my computer at home and 3 at school with FireFox 0.8 and I don't have any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back