Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ught oh, found a flaw in Firefox... clicked on your attached thumb "Error launching web broswer window:no XBL Binding for Browser" :(

Works for me. :confused:
Are you sure you uninstalled/deleted your old version? It might also be a good idea to use the Backup Tool I mentioned earlier in this thread, make a backup of your profile folder, delete the profile folder, and restore it after doing a clean install of the browser in it's own folder.
That way you'll have all your bookmarks, saved passwords, setting etc, but you'll avoid the hassle of bugs migrating over due to incompatibilities with the old profile.

Hmmm Firefox??? A bit of a naff name there! but who really cares when its still a great browser! All i need is a new G.A.N.T icon for firefox now.......

Hehe, while I did prefer the name Firebird, you simply have to love the new icon. And hey, what's in a name? It's still the greatest browser out there, and it's not even at 1.0 yet. I know I'll eventually come to love the new name as well. :)

NetRyder said:
Works for me. :confused:
Are you sure you uninstalled/deleted your old version? It might also be a good idea to use the Backup Tool I mentioned earlier in this thread, make a backup of your profile folder, delete the profile folder, and restore it after doing a clean install of the browser in it's own folder.
That way you'll have all your bookmarks, saved passwords, setting etc, but you'll avoid the hassle of bugs migrating over due to incompatibilities with the old profile.

are you using tbe. there are problems with that extension in firefox

Firefox? ... guh. Just sounds geh if you ask me. I just hope they can keep the name this time!

SPeedY_B said:
Firefox? ... guh. Just sounds geh if you ask me. I just hope they can keep the name this time!

the name doesnt matter, since in the end it will be called mozilla borwser :p (or that are the current plans, the may change their thoughts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back