Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhm, will it still be zipped up as well for us that want to carry it around ona USB stick.

cheers Netryder and DFX. I'm using hotmail popper, but
I still cant get it to send to msn or btopenworld.......... same message as before

I can receive messsages from msn and bt though

Does anybody know how to restore the file associations after you have run firebird??
I am talking about all the image files such as jpgs etc....?
Cheers

bling bling said:
cheers Netryder and DFX. I'm using hotmail popper, but
I still cant get it to send to msn or btopenworld.......... same message as before

I can receive messsages from msn and bt though

Have you also set your SMTP server to 127.0.0.1?

linking to mozilla email

i had a link to mozilla email on my desktop, created from simply dragging it from my advanced start menu, as its listed as the default email client. when i view the properties of this shortcut, it simply states the path as 'e-mail'

i want to add a link to it in my objectdock, but by dragging the desktop icon in, it doesnt work, and trying the path of the icon as 'email' doesnt work either.

is there any way to get around this?

If Mozilla is installed in C:\Program Files\Mozilla, you can create a shortcut to open Mail directly using "C:\Program Files\Mozilla\mozilla.exe -mail"

NetRyder said:
If Mozilla is installed in C:\Program Files\Mozilla, you can create a shortcut to open Mail directly using "C:\Program Files\Mozilla\mozilla.exe -mail"

You can creat a shotcut on yer desktop, even if Mozilla is installed on another Drive ("D:\Mozilla\mozilla.exe -mail" "E:\Mozilla\mozilla.exe -mail" "F:\Mozilla\mozilla.exe -mail" etc...). Then drag it in and see if it works. Or do it directly, I don't see why it wouldn't work, it is a direct link.

indyjones said:
Does anybody know how to restore the file associations after you have run firebird??
I am talking about all the image files such as jpgs etc....?
Cheers

use tools->Folder options->File types in windows explorer or use something like irfanview to reassociate the images

NetRyder said:

my mozilla is installed in c:/program files/mozilla.org/mozilla/. i entered c:/program files/mozilla.org/mozilla/mozilla.exe - mail as a shortcut but it didnt work. ill try it again when i get home, but any other possiblilties would be nice, so i have some other things to try.

thanks!

use this: c:\program files\mozilla.org\mozilla\mozilla.exe -mail

note the backslashes and the space

sboulema said:
use tools->Folder options->File types in windows explorer or use something like irfanview to reassociate the images

Cheers I know this I was just wondering if there was a hidden "unassociate" box or something somewhere

NetRyder said:
Have you also set your SMTP server to 127.0.0.1?

It is smtp.ntlworld.com but I've added 127.0.0.1 (in outgoing smtp settings/advanced)

Should 127.0.0.1 be the default setting? its (smtp.ntlworld.com at the moment)

Cheers

if you are using an external app to get your mail then you need to use 127.0.0.1 as smtp server

More good news for us Gecko people. :D
Looks like we're going to have a concurrent release of Firebird 0.8 and Thunderbird 0.5 on Monday.

The draft release notes for the Thunderbird 0.5 milestone are already up.
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/0.5-release-notes.html
NOTE: The download links still point to 0.4, since 0.5 has obviously not been released yet

I'll be ditching my Hotmail account and moving from Outlook2003 to Thunderbird this weekend on Windows as well. The Calendar extension made Tbird everything I ever wanted it to be. :)

It's here, it's here! \o/
And it's been re-branded Mozilla Firefox. That sure came as a surprise. :)

h-ff-dl.png

MozillaZine.org said:
Mozilla Firebird Renamed Firefox, Version 0.8 Released

The standalone Mozilla Firebird browser has been renamed to Firefox and received an upgrade to version 0.8. This latest release features a new download manager, bookmarks enhancements, better support for extensions and several thousand other improvements. Windows users can benefit from a new installer, while Mac OS X users will enjoy the new Aqua-style theme, Kevin Gerich and Stephen Horlander's Pinstripe.

Firefox is the browser's third name. The last name, Firebird, drew strong objections from the Firebird database community when it was announced in April. The database community's supporters and commercial backers waged a high-profile campaign against mozilla.org and affiliated parties until mozilla.org announced that Firebird would only be used as a codename. The new Firefox moniker is intended to be used as a permanent product name and a strong brand identity will be built around it. The new name was chosen after extensive international trademark searches and consultations with lawyers. The process of registering Firefox as a trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office began in December last year.

Firefox 0.8 can be downloaded from the Firefox product page or direct from the Firefox 0.8 directory on ftp.mozilla.org. Check out the Firefox 0.8 Release Notes for more information.

Mozilla Firefox Product Page
Mozilla Firefox 0.8 Release Notes

Go get it NOW! :D

Any1 has a mirror? I am getting time-out errors each time I try to

edit: never mind :) download it.

Ooooh! Works like a charm, but I can't seem to find the release notes for Firefox, where can I find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back