Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just got Thunderbird, and maybe I've missed something, or I'm probably being lazy!

But

How do I integrate Thunderbird into Firebird so I can get my emails to open from Fbird??

Thanks for the theme NetRyder! I've been looking for a nice one that works with 0.7! :D

Just a heads up...the latest nightlies are looking pretty bad. Quite buggy and unstable. I suggest keeping away from them until 0.8 is released, which should happen in the next few weeks.
I've gone back to Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20031230 Firebird/0.7+ (Unofficial P4-optimized SSE2 build), and everything's working well now. Had to nuke my Firebird/profile folder after using the latest nightly build. =\

bling bling said:
I've just got Thunderbird, and maybe I've missed something, or I'm probably being lazy!

But

How do I integrate Thunderbird into Firebird so I can get my emails to open from Fbird??
uhm thunderbird and firebird are seperate programs. if you like all in one app, then you need to use mozilla

bling bling said:

But

You could set Thunderbird as the default mail client. It should be in the options somewhere.

Thanks sboulema and Netryder. I like Firebird and Thunderbird, I was just wondering if there was an icon on Fbird Toolbar to open Tbird.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Can I put my Thunderbird address book and my Firebird Favs list into another partition, not as backup, but to actually open from that partition?

Heeter

put this in your user.js for firebird

Code:
// Specify Path to User-files
user_pref("browser.bookmarks.file", "drive:\\path\\to\\bookmarks.html");

put this in your user.js for thunderbird

Code:
// Specify Path to User-files
user_pref("ldap_2.servers.pab.filename", "C:\\Path To\\abook.mab");

obviously change the paths to the desired location and remember to use \\ instead of \

Just a heads up...

MyIE2 can now render pages using the Gecko engine. They have just released a new version (0.9.13), but gecko rendering has been around since the last version (0.9.12). This is starting to sound like a commercial, so I'll stop here. hehe.

MyIE 2 is still based on IE. If it can do gecko, they should change the name to MyGecko.

They are using the IE engine, which any program can freely use. Gecko is just an engine ... which any program can freely use. I don't see anything that would tie them to any particular engine. And yes ... it can render using Gecko.

But calling it MyIE and rendering with Gecko is just wrong is what X is saying :)

To my knowledge the Gecko rendering is just an add-on though..

can you use thunderbird with hotmail?

could someone show me how?

don't want to use it for just for BT email, would like to never have to use IE again if possible.

I believe for hotmail usage you need a third party app which allows you to retrieve hotmail via pop3

yep use that hotmail popper app, and then use 127.0.0.1 as pop3 and smtp server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back