Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NetRyder said:
Just a heads up...the latest nightlies are looking pretty bad. Quite buggy and unstable. I suggest keeping away from them until 0.8 is released, which should happen in the next few weeks.
I've gone back to Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20031230 Firebird/0.7+ (Unofficial P4-optimized SSE2 build), and everything's working well now. Had to nuke my Firebird/profile folder after using the latest nightly build. =\

I just installed the 1/20/04 0.8+ and it seems to be OK

j79zlr said:
I just installed the 1/20/04 0.8+ and it seems to be OK

Right. The 20040119 build saw a heap of bug fixes, which is probably why the next day's build is more usable as compared to the previous builds.
We should be seeing 0.8 soon. I'll be waiting for that before I install any new builds now.

I have one issue with both Mozilla & Firebird and that is that when I try to make a posting on a forum and I want to (for example) put one line in bold using the bold option above the text box the cursor automatically goes to the bottom of the text box somewhere rather than doing the command I want it to, is there a way out of this?

Thanks

I forgot what the keyboard stroke is to close a tab

pleez remind me

thanx

Thanks for the heads up NetRyder. I'll be looking for 0.8. :)

belveder said:
I have one issue with both Mozilla & Firebird and that is that when I try to make a posting on a forum and I want to (for example) put one line in bold using the bold option above the text box the cursor automatically goes to the bottom of the text box somewhere rather than doing the command I want it to, is there a way out of this?

Thanks

Cause its an IE feature that puts the tag where the cursor is placed, Mozilla FireBird doesnt support it.

Anyone in here know how I would go about removing the "close other tabs" option when I right click a tab in mozilla? Also anyone running a newer nightly of mozilla then 2003/12/22? I'm tempted to install but don't wanna get a bad one :p ...

ok I took the plunge ..
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040130

so far so good ... /me crosses fingers

Yeah, I'm on Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040128 Firebird/0.8.0+
No huge bugs that I've seen so far...just little minor things.

EDIT: On an SSE2 optimized Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040130 Firebird/0.8.0+ build now. This seems to work fine as well. Getting close to that milestone? :D

xie...make sure you pick an "optimized" buid that's been compiled for your hardware...that's the idea of it

sboulema...I don't see a section on scragz page optimized for speed...does anyone have a page with anything like that?

@Perris:

The builds don't specifically state that they're optimized for speed. The filename usually states the CPU-specific optimization.
For example, if you have a P4, like me, you would download the builds marked G7-SSE2. These builds also work with Pentium-M, Celeron 1.7 GHz and above, and Athlon64 processors.
Athlon XP's and newer Durons (with SSE) would use the G7-SSE builds.
Pentium III and Pentium III-core based Celerons would use the G6-SSE builds.

More official info about optimization flags:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_.2f.o.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_.2f.g.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...core/html/vclrfArchMinimumCPUArchitecture.asp

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back