Mozilla: Firebird

V

Valone

I have been a long time IE fanboy, as I thought it was a fast, stable, simple browser.

Then I found Mozilla, I find it heavy and awfully slow so I went back to IE but then I decided to try the latest thing from the Mozilla Foundation which was Firebird...

Let me tell you! This is a seriously kickass browser, it fully supports CSS, it's completly customizable (open source too), it's faster then IE, it includes an excellent popup blocker and bemamoth of features that IE could never dream of (including the extremely handy tabs) and it's skinnable!

Best of all, it's free: so guys, go check out Mozilla: Firebird and tell me what you think. I'd highly recommand getting the 0.6.1 build over the nightlys as they tend to be unstable.

Yes Firebird rox - it still has it's downfalls, but they are minute and it will turn out to be a great browser .. I use it and IE

I use it as my primary browser, I also have MSIE, Opera and Mozilla.

I've got FireBird for Browsing and Opera as my "alt" browser, IE no longer lives here :p

It's not bad, but it's not free either :\ I have the advert-based version installed as I only use it from time to time to check layouts etc the ads don't bother me. It's only a small download (about 3mb) give it a try :)

Valone: Which Mozilla did you try? I thought it was slow too until I tried 1.4. It's much faster. Haven't tried Firebird yet though. IE is only used in emergencies on my computer now. :)

I tried Opera as well, but I didn't like it. The GUI took too much of my precious screen space. :(

On Windows:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030809 Mozilla Firebird/0.6.1+

On Slackware:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030810 Mozilla Firebird/0.6.1+

...and of course, there's the button in my sig. ;)

The possibilities are that the version of Mozilla you were usin was 1 or 1.2
Versions 1.3 and 1.4 are much faster. Firebird is the streamlined "Ludicris Speed" quick Mozilla of the future.

It's the way that the Mozilla Foundation is going. Puts IE to shame.

Plus Mozilla has been praised, so they must be doin something rite...

mozilla_praise.jpg

Originally posted by NetRyder
...and of course, there's the button in my sig. ;)

Mine too. :D

I dont have a Firebird banner in my sig, but its on my sites links page ;)

im using firebird and thunderbird for sometime now and its my default browser and i love it :)

(btw whats has happened to the avatar dimensions???, been away for 3 weeks...)

cool :) and whats the warning level displayed at every post? something today with warnings for bad post that the user who wrote the post made or something like that ?? are there any other things ive missed :( if so im gonna make a own thread so that people can tell me cause now im hacking this thread and i dont want that....

Mods can issue warnings to users and stuff like that for various things

I wonder when they're going to change the font for it so it acctually fits into the page design... It sort of stands out now.

aesthetics can be altered once the actual system itself is working ;)

Besides, the warning system has been removed since the forum update. :)

Originally posted by Zedric
Valone: Which Mozilla did you try? I thought it was slow too until I tried 1.4. It's much faster. Haven't tried Firebird yet though. IE is only used in emergencies on my computer now. :)

I tried Opera as well, but I didn't like it. The GUI took too much of my precious screen space. :(

1.2/1.3 - both too slow on my AXP 2000+

I decided to dump thunderbird today, it's just too slow

No speed problems with Thunderbird here, plus you're not gonna get that bayesian filtering anywhere else atm :D

Originally posted by Valone
1.2/1.3 - both too slow on my AXP 2000+

I decided to dump thunderbird today, it's just too slow

Funny how you're runnin an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ rig and I'm runnin an AMD Thunderbird 900Mhz OC'd to 1 Ghz and it flies on mine. Usin Mozilla 1.4 and Firebird 0.6.1.

How are you set up??? :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back