Mozilla: Firebird

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
No speed problems with Thunderbird here, plus you're not gonna get that bayesian filtering anywhere else atm :D

...unless you're beta testing Office 2003 ;)
I still use Thunderbird in Slackware though. Great little app.

...unless you're beta testing Office 2003
I am, but yeah... no thanks ;) Thunderbird won't be subject too all those lovely outlook worms, I'll stick with my open source bayesian filtered mail thanks :D

I am, but yeah... no thanks ;) Thunderbird won't be subject too all those lovely outlook worms, I'll stick with my open source bayesian filtered mail thanks :D

:D True. The only reason I use Outlook is because I like to have my mail and tasks/calendar in the same integrated environment. If Ximian Evolution was ported to Windows with Bayesian filtering, there would be nothing like it :)

I just went back to the 20030810 P4-optimized build...seems slightly snappier :) I'll keep a watch for these optimized builds in the future.

What do you need scrollbars for!? hmmm, stop being picky :p :D

I've noticed that small things like that seem to come and go from the nightlies, just get the next days build and it will probably be fixed. You're probably better off having a MozillaFirebird folder and a MozillaFirebirdnightly folder. :)

hmmmm, using lynchknots (bluecurve) theme seems to have killed my scrollbars and forward/back buttons. strange.

I used one of lynchknots themes now I am using one from texturizer, maybe I should delete the nightly folder and re-extract it

my scrollbars are back. I just swtiched back to the normal theme.

mine wouldnt come back so I killed the Phoenix Application data folder

The latest nightlies have quite a number of bugs. The scrollbars and back/forward buttons not appearing with a non-default theme is one of them. Another one that hasn't been corrected for several days is the browser "shaking" with some non-default themes.

I've been trying the latest nightlies everyday, and the best one as of now seems to be the 20030817 one.
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firebird/nightly/2003-08-17-08-trunk/MozillaFirebird-win32.zip

Firebird builds optimized for Pentium4/AthlonXP processors can be downloaded from:
http://pryan.org/firebird/aebrahim/

I'm using lynchknot's "coffee cup" theme but I tend to stay away from the "nightlies" every once in a while I try one out but I stick'em in different folders and run then sepperately. Anything goes poopy... "click" delete. :D

NetRyder, do those optimised ones support the 1.5 theme engine?

I've got a plain ol' Athlon 1GHz, are the Athlon builds optmised for me too, or just newer Athlons ?

I am trying firebird and its much faster than ie most....

The problem is now and again it wil not open a web pager, it comes up with server unavailableor some such error. I will try one of the optimised builds over 0.6.1 :)

With thunderbird can you improt an email history from outlook ??

Originally posted by indyjones
I am trying firebird and its much faster than ie most....

The problem is now and again it wil not open a web pager, it comes up with server unavailableor some such error. I will try one of the optimised builds over 0.6.1 :)

With thunderbird can you improt an email history from outlook ??

Read this...

2.9 How do I import e-mail messages from another mail program?

Go to Tools | Import, which will bring up a dialog to guide you through the process.

More info and help here:

http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/faq.html

and here:

http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/index.html

I've got a plain ol' Athlon 1GHz, are the Athlon builds optmised for me too, or just newer Athlons ?

Not quite sure, since aebrahim just calls it an "Athlon optimized" build. So I would think it would work. Give it a try, I suppose.
:)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030827 Mozilla Firebird/0.6.1+
P4 optimized build looking good as well. Nice build. No huge bugs/glitches. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back