Mozilla Download Manager

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
I can't seem to download anything using Mozilla 1.4. It happened the other day, then yesterday I was able to download ... now today I can't again.

I can't get into Download Manager to clear it out either :( Although there shouldn't be much to clear out

Any idea what's going on? How I can fix this?

I hooked star downloader up to the browser...more functionality

I forget, but the method is on the support thread just before this one

I don't know anything about the downloader on this browser, but I suggest you try star either way

Thanks for the suggestion dealer but I don't want to download a 3rd party app when a download manager is built in to Mozilla. I'm just looking for help fixing it so it does download.

Hop into your profiles folder and there should be a file that contains all the download history. Nuking it may help.

Sorry for being vague, but I don't have a windows machine to hand :\

Sounds about right. Just to be safe, cut/paste it to the desktop or something.
Make sure you completely kill mozilla from memory though (close it, then right click > close the system tray icon :)) and then re-open mozilla.exe

You using the latest version of mozilla? if not a nice upgrade may help.. haven't you had the download problem before?

try the usual stuff. reinstall mozilla, if that doesnt fix it save the important parts of your profile and nuke the rest and create a new one. are you using any etxnsions like download statusbar?

Not the latest one SPeedY_B, I'm using 1.4, I'll upgrade my next day off to see if that helps. And no, I haven't had any problems with downloads before with Mozilla

sboulema, I'm not using any extensions, just plain ole Mozilla

Hmmmmmmm, I'm sure someone I know had a download problem before :D
Either way upgrading to 1.6(?) will effectively be a nice clean install and should help.

Originally posted by Jewelzz
I can't seem to download anything using Mozilla 1.4. It happened the other day, then yesterday I was able to download ... now today I can't again.

I can't get into Download Manager to clear it out either :( Although there shouldn't be much to clear out

Any idea what's going on? How I can fix this?

have you not moved up to V1.5? I installed that build today, LQQKS nice. :rolleyes:

I don't upgrade unless I'm having problems. Guess I'll be upgrading soon

Re: Re: Mozilla Download Manager

Originally posted by Leevoy
have you not moved up to V1.5? I installed that build today, LQQKS nice. :rolleyes:
looks* :confused:

Have you clicked on "TOOLS" on the top bar? If so, can you then click on the "Download Manager" from the drop-down box that appears and does the "Download Manager" open? Yes/No???

Also you could try this...

Click on "Edit" on the top bar >> then click "Preferences" in the drop-down box.

Now in the window that appears, in the left pane there is a heading named "Navagator". Expand it if it is not already. Click on "Downloads". On the right side of the Window it will have a list titled "When starting a download". Below it will have 3 choices, click/highlight the one that says "Open the download manager".

Click the "O.K." button at the bottom of the window and then close out your browser and restart the browser ( you may want to restart the computer also if it's that something of the browser is not unloading). After you restart the browser try to download something and see if the download manager opens for you.

I had this problem once or twice before and I think this worked... The first time :D The second time I had to reinstall the browser. Reason may be due to the browser crashing on more than one occasion and it has become corrupted. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back