• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mozilla build

Xie

- geek -
Anyhoo I finally got bored enough to try it out. Anyhoo followed directions and everything seems to have build ok. I then followed the directions at the bottom to make a OSX package (dmg) of my build so I would have it as a backup and whatnot. Anyhoo I installed it and running it now and its really much faster and using 1/2 the memory. The problem is the part about the making of the package that talks about running the "mozilla" and not the "mozilla-bin". I look @ the file I'm running by right click -> info and it shows it as "mozilla.app" (as it should be). However when I look in activity monitor is shows as "mozilla-bin". :( What's up?

*edit* - ok must have gremlins in my mini as now I checked activity manager again and it's now longer showing it as "mozilla-bin" anymore, but as "mozilla" like it should. Very odd ... :tired:

*edit2* - I'm so tired I forgot to link directions :p

Xie

- geek -
SPeedY_B said:
I have "app-bin" when using official builds sometimes. Them Gecko folk be strange I tell ye.
Well right after I posted I checked activity monitor again and it had "mozilla" with the nice icon again instead of "mozilla-bin". Was very odd.

Other then that seems to run top notch, pages load faster and switching tabs and such is much more snappy. :classic:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown