Mozilla build

Xie

- geek -
Anyhoo I finally got bored enough to try it out. Anyhoo followed directions and everything seems to have build ok. I then followed the directions at the bottom to make a OSX package (dmg) of my build so I would have it as a backup and whatnot. Anyhoo I installed it and running it now and its really much faster and using 1/2 the memory. The problem is the part about the making of the package that talks about running the "mozilla" and not the "mozilla-bin". I look @ the file I'm running by right click -> info and it shows it as "mozilla.app" (as it should be). However when I look in activity monitor is shows as "mozilla-bin". :( What's up?

*edit* - ok must have gremlins in my mini as now I checked activity manager again and it's now longer showing it as "mozilla-bin" anymore, but as "mozilla" like it should. Very odd ... :tired:

*edit2* - I'm so tired I forgot to link directions :p

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I have "app-bin" when using official builds sometimes. Them Gecko folk be strange I tell ye.

Xie

- geek -
SPeedY_B said:
I have "app-bin" when using official builds sometimes. Them Gecko folk be strange I tell ye.
Well right after I posted I checked activity monitor again and it had "mozilla" with the nice icon again instead of "mozilla-bin". Was very odd.

Other then that seems to run top notch, pages load faster and switching tabs and such is much more snappy. :classic:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fortunesoft