Mozilla 1.6 out

Just had a clean OS X install (Upgrade left some mess behind, decided to have a proper clean out :D) so I've just downloaded it. Gets better with every release :)

The nightlies are currently 0.8-pre's. I'll wait for 0.8 final before grabbing FB again though :)

SPeedY_B said:
The nightlies are currently 0.8-pre's. I'll wait for 0.8 final before grabbing FB again though :)

Yeah, don't even think about trying the latest nightlies. I did, and I can assure you that they are pretty badly b0rked up at the moment. :p
I've gone back to a late December build now.

NetRyder said:
Firebird 0.8 should be just around the corner as well. :)

Yep, that is what I am waiting for! and right, the nightlies are really bad, some deleted files on drives, and messed up big time! better stay away from them AND wait a few days for feedback before installing the 0.8 version. 0.7 runs just fine here!

i'm running a nightly:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20031222

would 1.6 be more of a downgrade or are there updates that arn't in 1.7a ?

Xie said:
i'm running a nightly:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20031222

would 1.6 be more of a downgrade or are there updates that arn't in 1.7a ?

1.7a is a nightly of the new, upcoming 1.7 resease. 1.6 probably has less of the features than 1.7a, but should also be much more stable. go to the forum to see what the current status is. I prefer a stable resease over an unstable nighly, but that is just because I need to trust my browser, don't have the time to play around with it. If you are happy, and it is stable for you, use it!

X-Istence said:
im gonna get FB 0.8, just when i got used to FB 0.7 :p

0.8 should look and feel almost the same, so your learning curve should not be that steep! look at this this way, at least you learned early! haha

Elroy Jetson said:
0.8 should look and feel almost the same, so your learning curve should not be that steep! look at this this way, at least you learned early! haha

and if 0.8 is that big of a change, im sure you can just go back and manipulate the shortcuts with extentions. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back