Mozilla 1.0.1 or Internet Explorer 6.0 - Which is the best?

well
i tried both
but i keep going back to IE
mozilla is different, i kinda liked it better, loaded better i think, but did not work with the side buttons on the mouse, and had to use sun java v.m which doesn't work very well on this pc, it flickers, and doesn't load very well
so i use ie now

aol browser:p though it is based largly on ie6 there are a few diferences:D

I'm a mozilla advocate =P

Opera is good but you gotta pay for it.

IE6 is crap... i got plenty of examples of sites that Mozilla (and any compliant browser) can properly process but IE6 can't handle. IE6 can't even handle PNG transparencies...

I haven't seen many java applets lately. I probably haven't seen any since my latest format... i haven't installed Sun Java and doubt i ever will...

But Mozilla is the superior browser compared to IE.

If you want the example sites just ask...

I've been using Moz for several months now, currently using 1.1. Haven't seen a pop-up in all that time. That's reason enough to stay with the lizard.

I use Mozilla 1.1 and Opera 6.01. I very seldom use IE 6. I use mostly if not exclusively Mozilla 1.1. I like it's functionality and ease of use and because it's open source and not Corporate. It really depends on you, the options (bells and whistles) you want/like and the way it feels to you. Try them all and you be the judge. You have to be comfortable with it since you will be looking at it for a long time every time you go online. :)

Another thing about Mozilla is the way that you can configure it to not allow "popup windows" in the "Advanced" section of it's "Preferences". I think that in itself is great.

A question for all mozilla fans,

When in I.E.6 and I go to my homepage all is OK, but when I enter my site in mozilla [only d/loaded it to-day] the text on all the pages flashes, I was told this by a m8 ,so i d/loaded mozilla to try and the text just flashes incesently?

You can access my site by clicking on the www button below.

Help or explaination appreciated.

Alan

bluegrab.gif

KevinAr18,

Thank you for your very informative reply, it may as well be double dutch for what I can understand;)

I'm off now to do some script editing :( propably take me all night:)

Thanks again

Alan

bluegrab.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back