Moving to LA, help

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
anyone here live in LA or know anything about it, wheres good to live etc....

Where are you moving too, and where do you work? LA is huge, so I wouldn't wnat to reccommend a city when you are completely on the other side of LA. The drive wouldbe atrocious.

That being said, you can get a lot of foreclosed houses here for cheap.

i'm looking to rent first, my job is in tarzana area..... whats good, what should i look out for, do you live in LA falcon?

Yeah, I'm just outside of LA. Tarzana is actually not to bad. San Fernando Valley, Iam over in the San Gabriel Valley.

Basically you want to look at Burbank, San Fernando, Calabasas all good areas, depending on where.

Send me a PM with more details.

No same job, but the company is moving to LA.

Ok question, does it seem unreasonable for someone to support a family 2 kids one wife (at least in this country haha, joke) on $75k a yr in LA?

It's tough, but possible there are some people that live on less and with more people to boot.

Just be aware that you will not be able to upgrade as much as you want anymore...and you can make it work with public schools, which are good in the area you are looking. There will be no middle class breaks though, and you will see a huge disparity in what is being offered to poor and rich kids while excluding yours.

If you can tighten the belt between needs and wants, you should come out ahead. Of course that is pretty much the theory for anywhere....it's just the practice is so hard :)

Welcome to LA Lancer!!

falconguard whereabout in the SGV are you @? Im in West Covina!!!

Where the Mongol bust went down...Montebello FTW!!!!!

Holy crap I heard about that the other day when my pops was watching the news. I hardly watch new just because its all depressing stuff!!!

Anyways back to the topic @ hand with Lancer and his move, did you find a place there buddy?

not as yet, im looking, but i'm not moving until jan 1st and the landlords want me to pay rent immediately so i'll probably wait another month, before i get somewhere.

on a positive note, my wife was excepted to cal state and will only be doing classes at night, which means no childcare, which means an additonal $1400 a month in extra income... woohoo, i was so happy to hear that last night i almost passed out haha.

You're gonna have to come up with first and last and a security if you want to rent. Will send you a PM when I find some listings.

most places only want first and usually a small deposit, most i've seen is first and deposit equal to rent.

Lancer,

Have you considered changing companies?

I ask because Atlanta is an I.T. hot spot right now... I have been contacted by many head hunters there...

Just curious...

Mike A!

That was kinda cryptic...Lancer, have you had any luck in Tarzana proper?

sounded like a chinese fortune cookie...

yeah seen loads of places, but i'm not ready to do anything for another month or so, there are so many places for rent that i'm not in any mad rush yet.

hold off, as things get harder to justify, the rent should go down some more.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back