Moving Address Book and Favorites Target

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I would like to move my Address Book and My Favorites Links to another partition. I tried the "Find Target" in their respective properties, but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe it is a registry edit.

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

You favourites are in C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\Favorites

Address book i think is on
C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book

Do I just cut 'n' paste them to another partition?

How will the respective programs find where they are?

Thanks Khayman.

Heeter

Well you can just move your favourites, their just files. However they won't show up in IE. There might be a reg hack around that, someone else might be able o help wit that.

When you talk about Address Book, are you talking about Outlook Express? because if you are then the easy way of saving it else where is on the File ->Export menu and Import it again from File->Import menu.

Moving the location of your favorites...

In the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

Add or Edit the following STRING value:
Favorites=x:\folder\favorites

Make sense? :)
Good luck!

Actually... within that key there are a lot of values that you can change...

Awesome.

Do I need to move the folder as well or just reboot after the edit?

Heeter

I would move the favourites to whatever directory you want, do the reg hack then reboot and see if they show up in IE

You will have to move the folder before it will work. You will also have to reboot.

Great,

Thanks a bunch guys. Would you know where the reg hack would be for the OE address book?

Heeter

You can move the favorite folder without any registry hack.
Just drag it with the right mouse button and choose "move here".
The registry settings are updated automatically.

Hi Guys, just putting in my 2 cents worth :) Tweak UI has the ability to help you to move folders to a location of your choosing.

TweakUI will only change the target, it will not move the folder or the files in it.

quoted from TweakUI
To change the location of a special folder and simultaneously move the files, right-drag the folder to its desired new location and select "Move here" rather than using this dialog.
It is so easy, try it. Move the folder, then go to the registrykey mentioned above and you will see that it is already changed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back