• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Movies Freeze at certain points

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Don't know if it was asked at another time, but i'll ask anyway.

I have some movies that will freeze at certain points in the movie every time it is played. usually if i skip ahead a bit it will play some more, but then freeze again. Funny thing is that i can still hear sound playing for a short time after video stops, then the sound stops. Is there any way to fix this? any programs or anything?

blinden

OSNN Senior Addict
this is techincally a "software" issue, so you are in the wrong forum, but it could be the player you are running? which is...???

Codasmd

Old School XPeriencer
Have you tried others players?

Maybe Divx or vidiomi

Divx - Works well for the most part. Have had a few problems with stopping the movie, then sound doesnt sync up.

or

Vidomi - This one works for the most part too. Some issues with "green screen" but can be corrected with a little work.

I assume these are downloads you're trying to play right?

Maybe try the latest divers for you vid card?

macromp

the retarded one
what spec is your system? if it's not a very fast computer, try turning down the hardware acceleration in the tools > options > performance tab in WMP9

B

big_dave

how the movie is encoded has something to do with it doesnt it?

to do with codecs?

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Gonzo, i have that already, but it doesn't seem to work all the time. do i have to have it open/running all the time when i play the movie or does it work even when it's not open?

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown