[Movie Review] X-Men 3 - The Last Stand

Eh em.

Ok let me ruin a lot for you, even the future X Men movies. Basically everything that happened in X men 3 was pointless, it just bridges us to the apocalypse. So first off, remember the scene where Beast walks up to Leech and you see his hand go from the blue fur to human? Then shortly after stepping away his hand turns back to normal. This shows that it is all temporary, as seen with Magneto. Obviously the effect it has on each mutant varies because they are all of different classes. (Magneto being of a higher class became resistant to it sooner, where as Mystique may take longer). That being said, all of those mutants will gain their powers back. Also, after watching the credits we learn the Xavier is alive (having transfered his mind into that guy that was in a comma which he spoke of to his class earlier in the film). Also both Jean Grey (aka Phoenix) and Cyclops are alive, as they eventually have a child (Cable). And yes, Rogue gets her powers back so no more fun fun for ice boy.

It is in the comics... way to take away the need for the spoiler, haha oh well. If you read the comics (No, I was not an avid reader of that stuff, I was still in diapers probably) you will find that the movies have displayed the highlights of the comics. My source is a friend who happens to read comics and chat about this crud on forums (NERD)... I am a hypocrite.

Eh em.

Also both Jean Grey (aka Phoenix) and Cyclops are alive, as they eventually have a child (Cable). And yes, Rogue gets her powers back so no more fun fun for ice boy.

the movies are based on the ultimate line of comics and they dont have cable in that one, i believe

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong.

Wikipedia:
It has been hinted that she [Jean Grey] is the reincarnation of a "Phoenix god", and when her powers erupt, they form the halo of a phoenix around her. She occasionally has difficulties controlling her vast powers, a point which will be - with little doubt - one day expanded into the Ultimate version of the Dark Phoenix Saga. After an affair with Wolverine, she began a steady relationship with Cyclops.

Funny how the movie which is suppose to be only the Ultimate Saga, ends in the Dark Phoenix.

That is from the Ultimate Series. However, if they are sticking with the series where is Night Crawler? Also Night Crawler was suppose to be present with Angel who hardly even appeared in the 3rd movie, let alone the second.

You want more proof... holy christ man... google it yourself at this point

Wikipedia:
It has been hinted that she [Jean Grey] is the reincarnation of a "Phoenix god", and when her powers erupt, they form the halo of a phoenix around her.

This can be wrong, since a halo is a circle not a phoenix outline lol...

Last edited by a moderator:
put what in a spoiler, i didnt write anything that happend in the movie. And why have you not seen it yet.

I didnt know i could predict the future lol...next time ill put in a spoiler

Just cause certain events are in the comics in no way means they will be in the films. proof? umm... every x-men film. Some events in them have been based (usualy very losely) on events in the comics, but can in no way be predicted by the comics.

That's right, they do not exactly follow any of the comic storylines in any universe, and in some cases (Callisto's powers for example) directly contradict the comics. To use a fan's term, the films' various storylines cannot be considered 'canon' to the comics.

Is it me or did Beast just seem like a bigger version of the Cookie Monster from Sesame Street running around? :)

He is the Veggie Monster, I heard about this like 2 years ago. Supposedly they blamed him for Child-Obesity. RIP Cookie Monster. Oh and just so it does not look like I have strayed from the subject:

Wolverine is over-rated

just you ;)

I thought he looked pretty close the one of the comic versions

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back