[Movie Review] X-Men 3 - The Last Stand

BouncingSoul, please use spoiler tags. I have edited your post, and now I know someone is in the movie that I didn't before :(

kcnychief said:
BouncingSoul, please use spoiler tags. I have edited your post, and now I know someone is in the movie that I didn't before :(

Sorry man.... Rep's for my screwup.

As usual Sazar, I love and follow your reviews. This one made me not want to go see Xmen3, but it is Xmen so I most likly will end up going. I'm sad because of how it turned out, but meh.

Thanks for review.

perris said:
magneto didn't loose his power

No.

That was BEFORE the credits.

Pay close attention to the opening scene with Xavier and the kids, it will be revealed. I'll wait till others see the movie before revealing it, unless y'all already got it :D

It definitely gave the movie a kick in the nuts that it was lacking before

Returning to Perris' comment, I have a theory.

The whole grading system for mutants, what if the kid could only truly affect mutants who were the same or a lower level than him? And that others would be affected but not as adversly and maybe not permanently? That kind of explains things to a degree for me.

There is ample room for Xmen 4 but I really do want the characters to get their FEELINGS back. It felt like I was watching robots on the screen during this flick

BouncingSoul said:
Sorry man.... Rep's for my screwup.
It's cool man, no worries. I just got to work and a bunch of ****ers are talking about it actually.

I've decided i need to go to a desserted island until I have time to watch it. Still haven't seen MI-3 either :(

Well my take on the movie is as follows. I did see a few characters with feelings and don't mean two or three. Depending on their situation of the things they were going through/dealing with, there was emotion and feelings. Granted many of the new characters were a bit flat.

The whole flashback did put the Jene Gray thing into perspective. Then the return to the beginning and the whole "Come home. No, I'm mad at you" thing. Wow. And then there was the Cyclops issue. It would have made the whole scene that much better if the end result had been shown.

Now is it just me or why the hell did all the bad Mutants have to look like a bunch of street trash? O.K. some no, but most yes.

And Juggernaut, man, all brawn no brains. :p Now Beast, that's a totally different animal. He was, I don't know... too, Too Frasier. Once the fighting started, eh, not bad.

Now the weaponry was, hmmmm, not a bad idea. But had some drawbacks. :p

Now toward the end of movie, Phoenix and Wolverine. His pants, what the hell were they made of? They were shred proof. Unlike his upper body (wish metal would have been more exposed. Would have made the whole scene that much more, WOW). Superman's lower half Wolverine's upper half. :p

The script had flaws. Very lacklust amount of time this movie runs (100 mins.) it could have... no, should have been written with more character development for the new possibly soon to be main characters. It should have run longer, at leave the full 2 hours. Again it's like the director and writers think we are all a bunch of comic book junkies and we already know everything. Well, most of us are. :p But that doesn't make it a blank check to leave things so half assed. The action was very nice. All the scenes flowed well into one another. Well most did.

All in all a good flick to sit through. Good action, some good twists but not complete. Cliff hanger? Could be... :rolleyes:

3.5 out of 5 OSNN stars. Would have been 4 if the story would have been more complete as to the newer characters.
Now as to that beginning scene with the students and that ummmm, extra goody. Now that was nice. Very suttle but very "woe shiit what the f**k???"

Ok watched this movie on Saturday. After being a huge fan of the first two movies, I HAD to see the 3rd. I'm that way with most movies anyway. I went into this movie with high expectations of which some of them were met, and others weren't.

The movie had a tremendous amount of action and fighting scenes. Some of which I felt were a litte to much. The final fight scene with the 2 characters (I won't say whom) was horrible. It was just WAY over the top I think. Honestly, if you have that much power, you could kill someone much faster and in a better way.

And I agree with the street trash statement. I felt that the army made by magneto looked like a bunch of street trash. Everyone was in dark clothing, looked trashy, and hadn't showered in a month.

I think some of the extra characters powers were horrible. Can anyone say "Clap on... Clap off"... Hopefully you know what I mean when I say that... Sonic waves? pshhhh...

Also, with the guns that were made to fend off Magneto; I think he would have felt the pressence of metal in them instead of being stupid...

There are definite hints of a sequel... Multiple times...

Oh, and what happened with Collosus again? Let's have an extremely powerful character be used for meaningless tasks shall we?

Angel had a pathetic roll in the movie... He had about 3-4 scenes and all of which were dissapointing.

I was definitely annoyed with the whole horrible lines that were mentioned earlier... Come on... Is that the best we can come up with. Potty mouth humor from kindergarten?

The movie did bring forth some very nice special effects though, from slow tearing away of the skin, to the massive water movements. Or how about the Terminator like fight scene? Anyone recognize that? Plus, I will admit the scenes from the past were done nicely. And by the way... "Who was that strange man with the hose?" Haha, if you don't know, think harder, or look up Marvel Comics history to find out.

Overall, I have to agree with the score given. I feel that they could have done a much better job with developing the characters some, as well as they went overboard on some other things. I feel that my money was well spent to support the franchise though, as well as the kids and g/f were happy to all be together to watch the movie. I'll definitely be adding it to my collection along side the first two movies but I won't be saying it's a classic.

That's just my 2 cents and I'm sticking to it.

Ok I haven't seen the movie, but I can address the Street Trash "look". In the Comic books the characters of Callisto and her kin "the Morlocks" lived underneath the subway in Manhattan. Now what this has to do and where they put this in the movies, I have no idea, as they are two different realms.

I loved the movie,
Just wished that mystique was still a mutant :(
Great Movie in my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
Im too stupid to do that :)
Sorry though
now i know how to do it though :)

Sazar said:
No.

That was BEFORE the credits.

Pay close attention to the opening scene with Xavier and the kids, it will be revealed. I'll wait till others see the movie before revealing it, unless y'all already got it :D

It definitely gave the movie a kick in the nuts that it was lacking before

Returning to Perris' comment, I have a theory.

The whole grading system for mutants, what if the kid could only truly affect mutants who were the same or a lower level than him? And that others would be affected but not as adversly and maybe not permanently? That kind of explains things to a degree for me.

There is ample room for Xmen 4 but I really do want the characters to get their FEELINGS back. It felt like I was watching robots on the screen during this flick
Just saw it, can you pm with what i was supposed to notice?

posts merged

movie was alright... could of been better..
Stan Lee was holding a hose and Chris Claremont was mowing the lawn in the flash back scene

Last edited:
technokid88 said:
movie was alright... could of been better..
Stan Lee was holding a hose and Chris Claremont was mowing the lawn in the flash back scene
Didnt notice that

heh stan lee stuck out like a sore thumb :p

I though the film was okay, though I felt they didnt capitalise on some of the characters as much as I thought they could have (mystique, phoenix mostly).

It had that feeling of just getting into the swing of things and the end credits rolled heh :p

I think they didn't fully develop some of the characters because they gonna make another movie and the new characters will get developed more then. Also depending on how they do the next movie will dictate who gets the most development and who is just screen filler.

gonaads said:
I think they didn't fully develop some of the characters because they gonna make another movie and the new characters will get developed more then. Also depending on how they do the next movie will dictate who gets the most development and who is just screen filler.
The winged guy...

Well did anyone see the X-Men movies on, what was it??? USA Network or TNT??? I forget... Anyway it was over this weekend that just ended. When they were showing the second movie (X-Men United) the actor that plays Magneto was doing some between commercial break commentary. He was speaking of some of the characters their powers and how important they were and so forth. At one point near the end of the movie he came on and was talking about Angel and how wide his wing span was and his acuracy at his arial attacks and how essencial he was to the X-Men. Interesting stuff.

I saw them on TV, I believe it was TNT. Missed the commentary though :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back