[Movie Review] Wanted

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political Access
Well to start out with, any super nerds out there with the "by the book" way of thinking as to physics and how the world should work. Please park you brains outside the theater before viewing this adrenaline rush of a film. The story line is a little sloppy but you get the general idea behind the whole thing. "Plain Jane" guy living a seriously dead end life (I am talking seriously pathetic existence) meets super sexy girl and BANG! Bullets everywhere, guy freaking out, super cool special effects, finds out dear old Dad was an assassin but was killed by rouge assassin, training, guy comes to terms of what he is and can be, blah blah blah, goes after "bad" guy that killed his father. But before he goes after "bad" dude, a moment for some assassinations and great special effects (again, all you brainiac physics purists, park your brains and your tongues). Well he's gotta show he is good enough, right? OH WAIT! Stop the action sequence music! EEEK! What the f...!? Didn't see that coming. And then back to the serious action. Revenge. The end. Oh the end sequence, watch as how he deals with many things that were in his previous dull life. Well, sort of. :p

Now the opening minutes of this movie (high rise building office and rooftop) is something to behold. Basically, WOW.

This is an adrenaline junkie's heaven.

As to story I give it 3 out of 5 stars
As to action I give it 5 out of 5 stars
As to Angelina Jolie... a solid 11! And she can swing a mean fist.

Movie total = 3 of 5 stars

Last edited:
Everyone has been saying the same things about this. I thought it looked god awful when I saw the trailer many months back. Maybe I will take your advice, leave my brain in the car and go see it.

Too many people try and be too intellectual with films when they aren't supposed to be and end up having a miserable time. I always switch off my brain unless the film drops a clue that its gonna be deep and just watch to relax and have a good time.

Only ever seen one film that I thought was a dud that way :)

I think the premise was interesting and I was paying attention for the first half an hour or so but, the movie really does suck when viewed as a whole :(

Sad because of the calibre of the actors and the pedigree of the director. The themes introduced could have been so much better as well but alas.

3/5

-edit-

By the way, I LOVED Shoot-em Up so you can't say that I don't appreciate humor and what not :)

I didn't really like Shoot 'Em Up that well myself. It wasn't horrible, but I'm more of a "Payback" kind of person (the theatrical release - not the director's cut).

Now that, I think is funny. :)

Payback and Shoot em Up were different movies :)

Payback was tongue-in-cheek.

Shoot-em Up was pure adrenaline and did away with any semblance of common-sense.

Wanted can't seem to decide if it wants to take itself seriously or not and unfortunately, the mish-mash created is, while fun in some parts, far from memorable at the end.

It's also entirely possible that my expectations for fun have been raised significantly by Wall-E. Save your money for the Pixar movie folks, catch this on a different weekend.

I meant to say (in reference to what LordOfLA said) that's why I didn't like Gene Siskel's reviews too well. He took all movies too seriously. Roger Ebert seems to take them for what they're meant to be and just enjoy them if possible.

I think the premise was interesting and I was paying attention for the first half an hour or so but, the movie really does suck when viewed as a whole :(

Sad because of the calibre of the actors and the pedigree of the director. The themes introduced could have been so much better as well but alas.

3/5

-edit-

By the way, I LOVED Shoot-em Up so you can't say that I don't appreciate humor and what not :)

Shoot-em Up was blast.:D

I read the thread title and thought you were requesting a review :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back