[Movie Review] To Kill a Mockingbird

Sazar

Rest In Peace
First off, this is an old movie and may not appeal to everyone. I happened to watch it again after a very long break and it brought back so many memories.

This is a classic movie about a trial of a black man accused of raping a white woman in the depression-era south where segregation was still rife and this is brutally evident in the entire movie.

The black man, Tom Robinson, played very ably by Brock Peters (from one of the star trek movies I think) is defended by Gregory Peck's character, Atticus Finch.

Peck plays one of the more profound roles in movie history in my opinion, fighting against prejudices and stigma's not only in the court room, but also in his personal life and trying to instill his values in his children (one of whom partly narates portions of the story).

The court room scenes are what define this movie, especially when the final verdict is handed out and the segregated black members of the community rise in unison in respect for the one white man who stood up for one of their own. This scene has the same kind of impact as the scene in Spartacus when everyone steps forward and says "my name is Spartacus", very simple and very powerful.

A fabulous movie that really contrasts the majority of the tripe that hollywood labels as "movies" today, I certainly recommend this to everyone.

4/5 Osnn stars.

Thta is a very young Robert Duvall as Boo Radley. Great Movie, even better book.

The film was really good but the book is better and is one of the best books I have ever read
Did you know that To Kill a Mockingbird was the only novel Harper Lee ever had published and that she's a descendant of Robert E. Lee. ? :D

I don't think I had seen this one. But from everyone's description it sounds like perhaps I should give it a look. I presume it's been out on DVD for rental, and otherwise...

Sazar said:
A fabulous movie that really contrasts the majority of the tripe that hollywood labels as "movies" today, I certainly recommend this to everyone.

4/5 Osnn stars.

I agreee with everyone. Great movie and book. Should be 5/5 OSNN stars!

Saw it in English class last year. Great movie. :)

An absolute must-see. When I was a kid, the scene with the mad dog gave me nightmares. (Thank God they didn't have shows like Ghost in a Shell when I was a kid!!!!)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back