[Movie Review] The Mist

Sazar

Rest In Peace
I haven't read the novella this is based off of, except in passing (i.e. skimmed through a few chapters) so I am not sure of the accuracy of the movie.

I am therefore basing this review solely on my experiences :)

The movie starts off innocently enough and there are moments of character development throughout the first 15 minutes or so. Thomas Jane (mr. Punisher himself) is the main protagonist. His son and wife, a picture perfect family in their home by the lake.

One fine day, a mist descends from the mountains after a terrible storm and everything changes. The majority of the movie takes place within a supermarket and while there are scary and thematic elements outside the doors and windows of the store, the main play, in my eyes, takes place within the walls.

People and their reaction to things they do not understand and the way they overcome, or not, is a key theme in this movie.

The pacing is deliberate and the acting is pretty good. There are obviously some weaker characters but overall the main antagonists and protagonists are played well and believably.

Please don't go into this movie if you're expecting happy endings or cheery/cheesy wrapping up of loose ends. Also, DON'T TAKE YOUR KIDS TO THIS.

This movie is a thriller that will shake you up a bit, but more than likely not from horror gimmicks. Rather, it is the psychological warfare employed on the viewers psyche. There are some amazing elements that are built-up but, unlike most crappy horror flicks, this succeeds because it concentrates on the people.

I can't really say more without giving things away so I'll leave it at that.

4/5 OSNN stars, the best thriller of the year I think.

This movie is a thriller that will shake you up a bit, but more than likely not from horror gimmicks. Rather, it is the psychological warfare employed on the viewers psyche. There are some amazing elements that are built-up but, unlike most crappy horror flicks, this succeeds because it concentrates on the people.

me no like movies with tension

/will miss this one no matter how many stars it recieves

I remember reading the book years ago... it was the first King novel I read. I'll probably wait for this to come out on DVD though. But it sounds like the movie was true to the novel (from what I remember of it).

me no like movies with tension

/will miss this one no matter how many stars it recieves

Sidebox-Kitten-Thinks-R.jpg

Awwwwww...

I think it just crapped the carpet. :p

I believe it was meant more as a insult.

Me and the wife are going to see I is Legend Tomorrow.

I know. :lick:

Yep that is the movie I wanna see. And The Mist.

Isn't this the film of the novel which partly inspired Half-Life? I'm sure I read that somewhere. I'd be quite interested to read/see it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back