[ Movie Review ] - The Incredibles

• Thread starter PseudoKiller
  • Start date
P

PseudoKiller

Well I just went to see The Incredibles. To break it down, in the most basic of analysis… IT WAS ****ING AWESOME.
The story line was great. It starts out that the Super Heroes are being sued right and left so the government puts all the heroes into a relocation program to help shield their identities. 15 years go by and our hero is now married with 3 kids. He has a dead end job and hangs out with his fellow super hero on “bowling night” and instead they listen to the police scanner hoping to relive some of their glory days. That’s all I will say about the plot.
The animation is the best I have ever seen. Pixar has out done themselves and now that they have dissolved their ties with Disney they don’t have those limitations. The action was great and the characters were played well. Overall it was funny but not over the top funny. I can watch this again and again.

I recommend this film for kids above the age of 10 since there is a lot of violence and some of it directed towards the kids in the movie.

Movie_Ratings.gif

5 out of 5 Electronic Punks

btw

I like the "electronic punk" rating...this will hold up for the next time we change our name;

:runs:

Will probably go see then... BTW, with some of the plot given away, some posters might like a spoiler warning in the thread title. ;) I'll leave it form them to decide however.

Theres a difference between spoilers and very basic plot information. You get more information from the trailers :)
Spoilers are descriptions of specific events which have a significant impact to the plot of the film :)
If you don't want to read any information about it....tough :p

watched it last night but was a bit too drunk to actually post :cool:

the movie is less geared towards kids than any of pixar's previous movies so keep that in mind...

overall the story is a little predictable, but the pacing is great and the characters are well fleshed out...

sound effects as well as stereotypes are played up beautifully and really add another layer to the movie...

when we watched it... there was a short pixar flick involving a dancing sheep before the feature presentation... that was great too :D

not much that can be said about the movie without giving stuff away (pk has released some of the plot details in his post) but definitely a nice flick for a night out..

4/5 OSNN stars...

btw the new star wars trailer is shown before the incredibles movie... a bonus for all you "a long time ago..." fans...

Well, there did seem to be some specific plot details in the description; though personally I didn't mind. It wasn't like when I watched the Drudge and the person sitting behind me at the theater (he saw it the night before) kept telling the person he was with every single scene before it occured. He wasn't whispering his play by play of the whole movie either :eek:

Anyhow, it was decent enough and had some scenes in there which would make one laugh.

Weird... they showed the coming soon trailers of this movie last year in other movies.
Why was it released so late?

wrt the Star Wars movies, I think the plan was to release them about 2 years apart. There's also time involved in filming a movie and getting it ready for release. I seem to remember ep 2 came out around late spring. Wasn't it last year?

ming said:
Weird... they showed the coming soon trailers of this movie last year in other movies.
Why was it released so late?
Ainimated films take several years to complete. The trailer for Pixars next film "Cars" has just been released, but its not out till next November

PseudoKiller said:
The animation is the best I have ever seen. Pixar has out done themselves and now that they have dissolved their ties with Disney they don’t have those limitations.

Actually, The Incredibles and the next Pixar movie, Cars, are both released under the Disney label umbrella. These are the last two movies that pixar has to make under their original contract with Disney. The movie that comes out after Cars will be the first Pixar film in their post-Mouse era.

In any case, in all the Pixar films, they had a lot of leeway in the creation of the films. In essence, Pixar created the film without much Disney involvment. Disney was used to distribute the film, which early on, Pixar needed the Disney name to get the widespread distribution. So, I'm not 100% sure what limitations you refer to...

--fitz

Well I think even though Pixar were given a lot of room to work with, they where still on the corporate leach and Disney is notorious for having their own way on certain things.

It will be interesting what the come up with for the first non-Disney thing

Khayman said:
Well I think even though Pixar were given a lot of room to work with, they where still on the corporate leach and Disney is notorious for having their own way on certain things.

It will be interesting what the come up with for the first non-Disney thing

Interesting Freudian Slip there :D or was it just a mispelling :p

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back