[Movie Review] The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Petros

Thief IV
The movie is out today in the U.S., and I'm excited. I've read all the books twice, and seen the ads for the movie lately. I know gonaads must be a big fan :) Has anyone seen it that has read the book? How does it compare? If you haven't read the book, how was it as a movie?

I am going to read the book after I watch the movie. My significant other is reading the book and should be done by the time I watch the movie :)

The book will make you laugh pretty hard if you like dry, intellectual humor. The funniest things happen and get played out in the most deadpan ways.

I absolutely loved the books, the dark humour was really unexpected back then..if I knew it was going to be that dry, the idea of it might have stopped me from picking it up, so I'm really glad I didn't find out beforehand :)

I'm hoping to see the movie tomorrow. From the trailers, it does seem like a decent movie, but I'm not sure about the cast of characters they used...just seems slightly different from what I've expected from the radio plays and short series. Still, not going to stop me from watching it :)

The books are incredible to say the least. The humor is not what most people would really grasp as their style of humor, but like onimkron said if ya don't know goin into the book then it's all good cause ya won't be able to put it down. :D

I'm hoping for Saturday or Sunday ta see it. I got the feeling it's gonna be hella crowded.

You can't beat the original tv version,I remember watching it when it was first broadcast :D

I still haven't seen the TV show, but I loved the computer game. I expect to see people putting the ROM and emulator up soon, because I can't remember where to find it.

Just seen it, very british humour, alot of slapstick.. good stuff.

Looks interesting for sure. I havn't read the book(s) though. :( I'm not sure which I'll do first as I've no idea when I'll see the movie and I have access to the books anytime.

*Edit* - Seems like you British folk got it good with stuff like this. BBC seems to run alot of this type of stuff, the US has nothing similiar. :(

Weeeeeeeeeeee!!! What a crazy ride :p Just got back from seeing it about an hour ago. Man I luved it. And yes true Brit type humor. Good shiit. Oh... ummmmm, beware the mice. :rolleyes: And bring your towel... and don't sneeze to much. :p

Well... so long, and thanks for all the fish. :D

Saw it the other day and loved it. Personaly I think its very true to the source materials

Oooh yeah it is. The movie theater I went to had a great crowd. :D

It had its moments. They obviously changed some things around and the movie as a standalone, while funny, is not the greatest product.

That said it was a decent attempt.

Gonna wait for others to watch it before adding more comments.

3.5/5 OSNN Stars.

Xie said:
Looks interesting for sure. I havn't read the book(s) though. :( I'm not sure which I'll do first as I've no idea when I'll see the movie and I have access to the books anytime.

Don't worry dude, I haven't either. But this morning I was browsing the BBC news website and found an article which pretty much gave you the background information you needed to know prior to seeing this movie. Here is the link to the article:

A guide to the Hitchiker's Guide

Source: BBC

Later in the article...

Douglas Adams claimed to have come up with the idea for the Hitchhiker's Guide in 1971, when he was 18, while lying drunk in a field in Innsbruck, Austria.

Quite funny I think. :p

Someone come up with something while under the influence? No way :p :eek:

I watched the TV program version ages ago and I think they did a really good job of the feature film version. The casting choices I think were spot on and I was really pleased by the original Marvin the Robot cameo appearance as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back