[Movie Review] The Happening

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
I know people have seen it, so why no reviews of this thing? I think it's fairly obvious but I'm not gonna say it yet. I'll try to be positive.

M. Night Shyamalan has done it! He's done what no one expected him to do and he's done it amazingly well. He made one of the best comedies of the year! I can't imagine I will have more laughs at a movie for the rest of the summer.

OK, sarcasm aside. This thing sucks. It's the Crystal Skull of M. Night Shyamalan's career. In fact you might even say it Nukes the fridge on his career.

It starts off bad, breaking the first rule of film making. Show, don't tell. What is one of the first few lines of the film? Are those people clawing at themselves, is that blood? Or something along those lines. And the exposition continues throughout. There are no explanations of whats going on, probably cause its so absurd it's better to make your craziest of characters just come right out and say what it is rather then have any mystery. The acting is universally bad. The normally great Mark Wahlberg stumbles through every piece of weak dialogue, he does his best but with a script like that there's no wonder he has to ham it up. Zooey Deschanel stars as his wife who may or may not be having an affair. She sells that about as well as anyone in the Hollywood equivalent of a student film. In addition to the bad acting you have some horrendous editing. And that's really saying something. Editing is an invisible art, you don't know its there unless its awful. So you've got a bad story, filled with bad acting and cut together by a retarded chimpanzee. Sounds like a winner.

1/5 OSNN Stars. Tied with Crystal Skull for worst of the year, still not the worst thing I've seen though, hence the 1 star.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back