[movie review] star trek

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
first I have to tell everyone I grew up with the original show and the franchise can do no wrong so take my revue with that grain of salt

now for the revue, I'm going to put this in spoler tags even though I give no spoilers however if you go in prepared it might not be as enjoyable, let me start out with

A FRIGGING MAZING! and then go to spoler

I'm not as good as saz for revues so forgive please my gushing and lack of expertise describing my night

first of all, I didn't know what to expect, I haven't seen the previews nor read anything about the flick so I was surprised to find out with glee it's a pre quil describing where most of the lore derived including nick names and relationships

they revisit a few of the classics, bringing back favorite charachters including memorable repesentation from characters who've appeared in as few as a single episode

I have no idea how they cast these actors but just about everyone was spot on the money representing the cast we remember but in their youth, the only one who didn't bear a striking resemblance was kirk himself but the acting was spot on if you wanted to imagine him as an adolescent

affects to my mind were more then adaquate with very few scenes I thought were cheesy, cheap or over the top, the main story, (the universe will be destroyed unless the enterprise can come through of course) was not nearly as interesting as the sub theme, the comming together of the enterprise crew

anyway, I can find nothing wrong with this flick, true to the lore with plenty of original episode allusions to put a smile on your face throughout

I know most of you are rue to give out 5 stars but there it is, unsophisticated me giving it just that, I'm sure there are faults with the film that I missed but I couldn't get enough of this film

Last edited:
Re: star trek

I didn't watch the spoiler as I like the original and TNG as the best ones. I heard a lot of good reviews about this one. I might go see it ..

Re: [movie revue] star trek

you may want to fix the title ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back