[Movie Review] Resident Evil: Apocalypse

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
I enjoyed the first Resident Evil movie, so I was looking forward to seeing the sequel. I wasn't expecting for it to be as good as the first, but even so I was fairly disappointed with it overall. The dialogue was pretty lousy, the plotlines seemed unorganized and were sequenced in strange ways, and some things were either left unexplained or were explained almost entirely at the end instead of revealing bits and pieces throughout. Some of the action sequences were fun to watch, although I was very annoyed by the choice of camera effects for the groups of zombies walking around. And if you get annoyed by fight scenes where you can hardly tell what is going on, then you will probably hate this movie. The story was pretty weak overall, partly because the purpose of what was going on during the movie was somewhat unclear, and partly because most of the information was told through multiple series of flashbacks. In most cases, the frequent use of flashbacks is a sign of immature screenwriting. There will probably be a third installment,
as the movie ends with a new plot forming, much like at the end of the first.
If you're wanting a good zombie movie, I recommend "28 Days Later" or "Dawn of the Dead."

2/5 OSNN Stars

aww man thats gonna be kind of a bit of a let down since i was looking forward to seeing it myself

28 days later rocked and it was a fictional zombia-esque movie.
Shaun of the dead rocks you tho ;)

Personally, I really enjoyed this movie, and had no problem at all understanding and following the story lines. The dialogue was purposeful and met the needs of a movie such as this one. What more did you need in a story line? This isn't "Gone with the wind" it's an action horror film. There will definitely be a third movie, and I look forward to it, just as I looked forward to this one...

CipheR

Resident Evil movie number 1 = load of codswollop (rubbish)
28 Days Later = meah ok
Shaun of the Dead = rocked my socks offfffff!

(all in my humble opinion of course :) )

CipheR said:
Personally, I really enjoyed this movie, and had no problem at all understanding and following the story lines. The dialogue was purposeful and met the needs of a movie such as this one. What more did you need in a story line? This isn't "Gone with the wind" it's an action horror film. There will definitely be a third movie, and I look forward to it, just as I looked forward to this one...

CipheR

CipheR, I don't expect Oscar-caliber writing in a movie such as this, but I don't like it when action film writers rely on cheesy, "clever" one-liners. It's a cliche that doesn't need to define the genre. As for the plotlines, it wasn't so much of "I don't understand what is going on," but more of a problem with the structuring of the subplots that made the flow of the story choppy. What do I ask for? Mainly a horror movie that tries to steer clear of the cliches, and this one didn't.

We'll see what others think after seeing it. As for the reviews it's getting though, Rottentomatoes has it with 13 positive reviews out of 60 total for a lousy 22%. Compare that to 89% for "28 Days Later" and 76% for "Dawn of the Dead." I'm not one to rely on one critic's opinions, but I do tend to agree with the opinion of a critical mass.

paul2-0-0-2 said:
28 Days Later Not a Zombie Film lol

Why isn't it? It deals with a virus that spreads to create creatures that resemble zombies.

Electronic Punk said:
28 days later rocked and it was a fictional zombia-esque movie.
Shaun of the dead rocks you tho ;)
Amen to that, DVD dropped through my letter box the other day :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back